Active Topics

sooo.....today I can no longer log into Gmail (also calendar) and twitter. Facebook stopped about a month or two ago (Jabber workaround doesn't work either).

Is this the end? Are there any workable solutions that don't require me to be a computer guru?

Edit: So, a little update. In fact my N9 is asking me for ALL passwords suddenly. Including Hotmail, Gmail, caldav Google calendar AND Nokia account (fortunately I'm still able to open maps and navigation).

Last edited by darknessangel; 2016-02-02 at 14:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to darknessangel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
sooo.....today I can no longer log into Gmail (also calendar) and twitter. Facebook stopped about a month or two ago (Jabber workaround doesn't work either).

Is this the end? Are there any workable solutions that don't require me to be a computer guru?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95777

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post

No problem, just live without 'em.
I mean I have never used any of those and am rocking allright

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Same here. Use @Shadow_Max solution for twitter, or better switch to Rocket. Sharing images to picasa and flickr doesn't work as well, but for flickr upload one can use built-in FlickrUp uploader, which still works.

As for the accounts, perhaps there is a way to build some new extensions like Coderus did for his Extraplugins Accounts UI. those would replace the original dead ones, especially for picasa/flickr/twitter sharing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I do not use any of the aforementioned services so please forgive me a silly question but... do you actually need a Twitter, Facebook, Flicks etc client? Can you not access those through the browser? Or has that been broken as well?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
The N9's internal way of doing things is usually a lot better. Also, running stuff on a browser instead of system plug-ins or apps (native apps, not webview apps) usually drains the battery a lot faster.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
the browser is buggy sometimes and it has no notification integration. that's why the apps much better usually. i'm not a coder but most of the basic apps are not fully dead just have an authentication problem or a little change in the API make them useless. bunch of little patches would be needed but who the hell will fix them...:S

Last edited by ViBE; 2016-02-02 at 16:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I do not use any of the aforementioned services so please forgive me a silly question but... do you actually need a Twitter, Facebook, Flicks etc client? Can you not access those through the browser? Or has that been broken as well?
Ok, fine you are correct. These are time wasting activities. However, my main problem is Gmail and calendar.

So, a little update. In fact my N9 is asking me for ALL passwords suddenly. Including Hotmail, Gmail, caldav Google calendar AND Nokia account (fortunately I'm still able to open maps and navigation).

This is deeply unsettling AND annoying.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darknessangel For This Useful Post:
Ok, just talking to myself (or to any poor sod who's still reading this forum). Just solved gmail+calendar problem. Apparently google thinks that ye olde nokia N9 mail app is no longer secure and blocked it.

So, I had to deactivate my two factor authentication (because who needs that stuff when you only have dickpics and your Swiss bank account details in your email!) and went full Flintstones style to imap/smtp. Works and solves calendar too.

Soooo... now I'm rocking gmail with the security equivalent of a thong!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to darknessangel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
No matter if you use two, three or hundred factors authentication - the mighty FVEY is watching us anyway : )

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post: