Notices

Hi the community
So... I have found a solution to use native Twitter app.
I am actualy making an app to give an UI to fix it, but i know every user of an n9 have the hability to fix it. it is pretty simple

1- Why it do not working anymore ?
Well... The native app use the OAuth 1 Authentification to grant acces to the app.

By sign-in with the App, according to twitter workflow, you need to provide an oauth_callback,
The only unique parameter in this request is oauth_callback, which must be a URL-encoded version of the URL you wish your user to be redirected to when they complete step 2. The remaining parameters are added by the OAuth signing process.
source : https://dev.twitter.com/oauth/refere.../request_token

So it's mean the callback do not work.

After a couple of hours and some logs files parsed
i found that the callback url of the native app is swipe.nokia.com and this domain do not exist anymore
The signonpluginprocess return me this
Code:
Jul 25 05:49:19 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/oauth2plugin.cpp 195 mechanisms :
Jul 25 05:49:19 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/oauth2plugin.cpp 996 sendOAuth1PostRequest :
Jul 25 05:49:19 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/oauth2plugin.cpp 528 createOAuth1Header :  Signature Base =  "POST&https0X0.0AD5000048EDP-1022-0.000000-0.000000api.twitter.com0.000000oauth0.000000request_token&oauth_callback%3Dhttp                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      0X0.48EC0AEFAB2CCP-1022                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    0.000000                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -0.000000swipe.nokia.com
Jul 25 05:49:19 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/oauth2plugin.
2 - How to fix ?
The callback url is call on the client side during auth process. No need to make a huge hack ! we only need to simulate that the callback URL return "TRUE" to the oauth2plugin (or succeful open an URL)
So follow the step an you will be able to use Native app again
  1. Plug your phone in SDK mode, run SDK Connectivity to enable SSH acces
  2. Open your favourite SSH client and login into your N9 with the common user (developer by default, or root if you have enable root acces)
  3. If you are logged as root go to next step or Get root accès level by login into root, or use devel-su command
    Code:
    devel-su
    rootme
  4. ping a website or google.com to get the IP adress :
    Code:
    ping -c 1 google.com
  5. note the IP
    Code:
    PING google.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx): 56 data bytes...
  6. edit the /etc/hosts file with nano or another text editor
    Code:
    nano /etc/hosts
    if you do not want to use nano go to next step

if you are not using nano, type :
    Code:
    echo 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx swipe.nokia.com' >> /etc/hosts
    do not forget this >>

7. add the following line in a new line
    Code:
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx swipe.nokia.com
    replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the IP of google server or other who can be join with th N9 through wifi or 3G, replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the IP of google server or other who can be join with th N9 through wifi or 3G
  8. Now your hosts file look like
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 RM696 localhost
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx swipe.nokia.com
    replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the IP of google server or other who can be join with th N9 through wifi or 3G
Voila ! you can now try to add your Twitter account.
3 - But
Actually, The client not displaying profile picture. Maybe ther is other hidding trouble. you can leave me a message here, i will try my best to help.
I am making an app to make it user friend

Good luck all !

Last edited by Shadow_Max; 2020-05-04 at 00:35.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Shadow_Max For This Useful Post:
do not use localhost ip adress
Code:
or
Code:
localhost
OAuth will never work with localhost as callback (Thank to google) and by default, your phone is not listenning to port 80

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow_Max For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Nice job man', It works perfectly!!!

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Shadow_Max View Post
do not use localhost ip adress
Code:
or
Code:
localhost
OAuth will never work with localhost as callback (Thank to google) and by default, your phone is not listenning to port 80
Do you think it's the same issue about gmail?

The Following User Says Thank You to Iryus For This Useful Post:
With Google account, i have this :
Code:
Jul 26 18:53:54 (2015) signonpluginprocess: QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
Jul 26 18:53:56 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 882 slotError :
Jul 26 18:53:56 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 883 slotError :  Error:  203
Jul 26 18:53:56 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 696 replyFinished :
Jul 26 18:53:56 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 706 replyFinished :  http_error: 203   "Error downloading https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin - server replied: Not Found"
Jul 26 18:53:56 (2015) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 723 replyFinished :  QVariant(int, 404)
/signonsessioncore.cpp 520 replyError Deprecated error code:  1
the link https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin is no more maintened by google because it is based on OAuth 1, and google wich to use OAuth 2
According to the doc,
Important: ClientLogin has been officially deprecated since April 20, 2012 and is now no longer available. Requests to ClientLogin will fail with a HTTP 404 response. We encourage you to migrate to OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible
from google.

So you will no more be able to use native Google service because Google have end support of OAuth 1 auth. we need to implement AUth2 Auth natively

or use Gmail like classic mail account

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadow_Max For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
i cannot tell you how much i love you. finally an out-of-box application back to life on my lovely N9. sad that other apps still wrecked like the old facebook app.

btw i noticed that the stock e-mail client frequently fails nowadays when checking hotmail/msn addresses.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Good work! I love using the native Twitter app on my N9. I use it all the time along with all the others (Rocket, QNeptunea, Tweetian). Although, it's been working all along, and I don't think the OAuth affected me except that the profile images/avatars no longer show up properly (except for a couple people) for me, just the default egg pic. I thought it was mainly due to me deleting the Twitter cache so many times. I usually do that like every other day because the app gets really laggy at start up trying to update the feed and stuff. I don't really like that. I'm hoping in the future that this TwittFix would speed things up and if possible may add some features to update the current app. There are a few things I'd like to see:
- ability to tag users in photos (10 people)
- attach multiple photos (4 photos)
- .gif upload support (Rocket, Tweetian, QNeptunea does this fine)
- image / video thumbnail preview for multiple services (Twitter video mp4, YouTube, Instagram, Vine) (Rocket does this)
- view conversations in tree format on one page without having to click "In reply to.." and going back & forth
- Also, a black theme like Rocket and others. All we have is the default white.

If these things can be resolved, I would love the native Twitter app even more. If not possible, then too bad. Thanks for this fix!

Originally Posted by Roth View Post
Good work! I love using the native Twitter app on my N9. I use it all the time along with all the others (Rocket, QNeptunea, Tweetian). Although, it's been working all along, and I don't think the OAuth affected me except that the profile images/avatars no longer show up properly (except for a couple people) for me, just the default egg pic. I thought it was mainly due to me deleting the Twitter cache so many times. I usually do that like every other day because the app gets really laggy at start up trying to update the feed and stuff. I don't really like that. I'm hoping in the future that this TwittFix would speed things up and if possible may add some features to update the current app. There are a few things I'd like to see:
- ability to tag users in photos (10 people)
- attach multiple photos (4 photos)
- .gif upload support (Rocket, Tweetian, QNeptunea does this fine)
- image / video thumbnail preview for multiple services (Twitter video mp4, YouTube, Instagram, Vine) (Rocket does this)
- view conversations in tree format on one page without having to click "In reply to.." and going back & forth
- Also, a black theme like Rocket and others. All we have is the default white.

If these things can be resolved, I would love the native Twitter app even more. If not possible, then too bad. Thanks for this fix!
Hi
Yest, i confirm that the profile images/avatars not showing due to some change in the twitter's API. Deleting cache did not cause that.
To speed it, i can only put a deamon wich will automaticaly clean cache. but now it semmes to work well
I am actually trying to reverse engeenering to see if i can fix some features or/and add other
But i am affraid to not being able. better use Rocket, Tweetian, QNeptunea than trying to reverse engeenering.
Twittfix only profide Authentification Fix. If i found how to implement other features, i will put it on the next realease..

- ability to tag users in photos (10 people) Impossible to fix. Just put the name of the user if you use share UI,
- attach multiple photos (4 photos) ]In investigation - seems complicate, almost impossible
- .gif upload support (Rocket, Tweetian, QNeptunea does this fine)impossible - better use other client
- image / video thumbnail preview for multiple services (Twitter video mp4, YouTube, Instagram, Vine) (Rocket does this) impossible to fix- Rocket use a generated thumbnail from the API i think.
- view conversations in tree format on one page without having to click "In reply to.." and going back & forth if i success reverse engeenering, Might be possible - impossible to fix now
- Also, a black theme like Rocket and others. All we have is the default white. if i success reverse engeenering - Might be possible -impossible to fix now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadow_Max For This Useful Post:
What about the Share option ? Can be fixed the upload error?

Originally Posted by Shadow_Max View Post
- Also, a black theme like Rocket and others. All we have is the default white. if i success reverse engeenering - Might be possible -impossible to fix now
Check this out

The Following User Says Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post: