Poll: Does Maemo.org need more Moderation?
Poll Options
Does Maemo.org need more Moderation?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
With all the recent Departures, EPIC threads, and off topic rants, I recently got into a "friendly" disagrement with one of the Moderators here.

I think the Mods should be tougher on the ranters, threads that invoke Chuck Norris for adding to the post count, and the threads that get away from the original topic. I would NEVER want to see this site turn into a propaganda page, but the number of posts that go nowhere and helps no one needs to be addressed!

That's my opinion, but maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?

(Without getting into a 10,000 post, Chuck Norris, filled rant...ok maybe a few funny gifs ).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
All the recent departures? I can only recall two recent departures - one was voluntary, the other not.

I think the mods are doing a great job and don't see a need to add more. Besides, adding more doesn't necessarily make it 'better'.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No, I think its enough if they are around posting and are visible in the threads from time to time. You can't force the law!

I think the are doing an exellent job.

Except when they give me infraction points for nothing

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Except when they give me infraction points for nothing
Sitting around here doing nothing is the number one re-- er, IN fraction.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
All cool here. No need for stay-on-topic nazis.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
We can't have anarchy here. We need strict moderation with rehabilitation program for trolls. Those who refuse to obey the ruls should be locked into a stricter sub-forum with popups of elops picture evry ten seconds. We need a team of mods to monitor troll activity on other forums and a system of reward to those who report negative activity. Chuck Norris will monitor all forum activity and assign the mods to enforce the punishment. It easy for him, that's why he was known in the army as "Hawk"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uppercase For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I rather have too little moderation than too much. Freedom you know. Constant abuse and insults is another thing. For example I wasn't too distressed with giving some timeout to that abit_uk guy.

But think about it for a moment. You couldn't have even mr. Stephen Elop here discussing with us if too strict rules were enforced. The guy can't stop talking about (Windows Phone) ecosystem no matter the context. Nevertheless, he'd be an asset to this forum. And he's quite a nice guy in my experience, I can assure you,

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
If you want to help the admins here, try writing down what exact rules you want them to enforce. It's not as easy as it sounds. What's 'obvious' to the human mind may be hard to write down into legal/concrete rules.

Ps: they already do have rules against trolls.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Anonymity => Total ****wad
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/

Happening since dawn of bulletin boards. But hey we like to have it different around here...honeypot for trolls. If you canīt stand teh heat go to IRC & other places that are A. too difficult to use by simple minded and maybeperhapsyes have some kind of moderation.

Last edited by slender; 2011-06-14 at 21:54.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
So everyone understands my original post.

I'm not calling for severe moderation, just an end to the 5 page plus arguement threads, the yea i'm the 2000th post threads, and the threads that start talking about the N9 and end up talking about Elop's nationality threads.

Last edited by lorul2; 2011-06-15 at 00:51.