Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I'm posting this poll, because I'm interested to know how many people on talk are genuinely interested in what goes on with regards to our MeeGo offerings for Nokia Maemo hardware platforms, like the N900 and N8x0 devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
They don't need to keep us updated - we all know where the DE page is, and it's great to see the bugtracker BLOCKER bug list shorten every 2 days.

Although knowing the community, if something big happens, such as Meego DE surpassing Maemo 5 in every aspect, it'll likely be posted, cross-posted, plastered and regurgitated multiple times all over maemo.org.

They will do what they want. It's their choice.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Personally I'm not interested in MeeGo. If it ever reaches the stage where it's a viable alternative to Maemo on the N900 then I might have a look.

Maemo for me mostly works absolutely fine. The only issue I have is with the closed source bits which are hampering clever people here from developing the OS further.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Thank you, all valuable information. Please keep it coming

Posting to bump up the thread to maintain visibility.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
The current numbers are 22 vs (3+1), showing an overwhelming majority (84.6%) of us interested in following MeeGo as it relates to maemo and our device(s).

And I think it answers a question someone has asked here before:

So what is stskeeps doing on this forum? why is he not on MeeGo.com where he should be concentrating his efforts as this IS after all MAEMO.ORG and always will be !.
It underlines how big a loss the community has suffered over stskeeps's departure. (Though I wish him well with whatever he chooses to do)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
The current numbers are 22 vs (3+1), showing an overwhelming majority (84.6%) of us interested in following MeeGo as it relates to maemo and our device(s).
The numbers will be a bit skewed as someone who isn't interested in MeeGo might overlook a thread with "MeeGo" in the title! I almost did

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
The numbers will be a bit skewed as someone who isn't interested in MeeGo might overlook a thread with "MeeGo" in the title! I almost did
Not interested in people that are not interested It's a yes and no poll, though I left the other option for those that are at least interested enough to express their indifference

In Stskeeps absence, he's deleted his account, I will probably take the place of notifying the maemo.org community, through talk.maemo.org of any worthy updates and news. This is actually the reason for the poll, some particularly vocal members, will, I hope, take notice of the views here. If it swings the other way, I will probably remove myself from talk.maemo.org as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
tmo is the natural place for n900 owners, but meego is the only thing that is likely to evolve on it in the long term (non whistanding the fact that only maemo is way more usable right now).

So please do post updates on Meego here. There is a specific section explicitely for this, so I don't really see a reason not to.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance