Originally Posted by ade View Post
Code:
backupmenu (1.2.0-2) stable; urgency=low

Added libpopt.so.0, removed vi swapfile .functions.sh.swp
Thanks ade,

could you please tell me where you
removed vi swapfile .functions.sh.swap
from? And why?
I do not have it in my filelist.txt (using multiboot-backupmenu). I do see the binary .functions.sh.swap in /usr/share/backupmenu,

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
I activated CSSU-devel in the program manager and made an update/upgrade. Result: The same problem like before! Only difference: The red colour changed to black
That's honestly a very deprecated thing to do. You generally shouldn't do upgrade, and particularly not on *-devel, and NEVER on cssu-devel, since the stuff there is generally usually broken, and you don't want to test more than one dedicated package from there. But doing upgrade would install ALL packages from cssu-devel (well, all that are newer broken versions of packages you already got on your system)

Please don't do this, it doesn't help anybody when you do. When you're interested in helping to test a particular package from cssu-devel, use apt-get install <package-under-test>; rather than apt-get upgrade!

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-07-21 at 00:23.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Side note - I love how cssu-devel teach people back, what -devel means. No irony here - it's just... refreshing, to have a -devel repo, where one *should* be afraid of packages stability. I hope extras-devel will return to such state, one day.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks ade,

could you please tell me where you
removed vi swapfile .functions.sh.swap
from? And why?
I do not have it in my filelist.txt (using multiboot-backupmenu). I do see the binary .functions.sh.swap in /usr/share/backupmenu,
peterleinchen,

I am referring to /usr/share/backupmenu/.functions.sh.swp. It is not in the filelist.txt, just in the package itself.

.swp files are temporarily are created by vi(m), "locking" a file is one of the purposes. Sometimes they are left behind, because of a crash for example. RobbieThe1st must have included the file by accident, so I decided to remove the file while making the other change.
P.s. 1.2.0-2 is still waiting in the queue, no idea when it will be processed in the light of the current autobuilder state.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
@ade: this is OT here, but I was not able to contact you on IRC... What is state of clock-ui? Ready for cssu-devel?

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
upgraded to the last version
everything works
thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexporta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
FYI: backupmenu 1.2.0-2 has now reached extras-devel

Upgrade to this version if you have installed (or want to install) the latest initrd-progs from cssu-devel in order to prevent conflicts.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i'm facing a problem with backupmenu. its not restoring my backup which i made today and also another backup which i made 3 days ago. Backupmenu restores them without any problem but when i reboot my phone it just stays at bootmenu becomes unresponsive until it switch off itself automatically. i tried to restore a older backup of CSSU Stable and it worked without any problem.

and yes these two backup which are not working are CSSU Thumb backups. any suggestions ?

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
You've ensured, that device already boots with the same kernel you've used to make backups, right?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
thumb is ref. here as CSSU thumb (search for a thread about it on this forum, everything you need to know about it is in first post, there) - CSSU-T + more compiled as thumb binary (executables less in size, using less RAM during running).

You also should install kernel-power, busybox-power, and mention ed backupmenu. You may be interested in 720p video recording modifications. Steer away from speedpatches/batterypatches.
/Estel
Thanks Estel for yor fast overview of good and obsolete packages...

I know that it could be OT here, but I think it could be useful for those who connot try all the applications: would it be possible to create an extras-obsolete repository and put there all the applications that are not working anymore in order to propagate the knowledge about obsole packages?

Thanks in advance.
pkz

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system