Active Topics

Poll: Who will ship first?
Poll Options
Who will ship first?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I was just bored I guess, so I thought I would run a poll, stir up some trouble. Which do you think will ship first Pandora Console or Next Nokia Tablet?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Heh, I'll bite. Nokia's silence might mean more is forthcoming. Pandora's non-announcement announcements are starting to shake my faith in it coming out before Q4 2009.

I say Open Pandora will ship first..that was actually the one i was considering alternatively to the n810. Ive been on their mailing list and they are now taking orders for the first batch..

"Final Mass production begins in April"

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I think Nokia could wait for the end of the Great Crisis maybe - so the Pandoa could be ready before.

"Final Mass production begins in April"
/s/Final/Final,Final,Final,Final,Final,Final,Final,but one,Final

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I think Nokia could wait for the end of the Great Crisis maybe
to release a product designed in 2008 when? 2011?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stopgo For This Useful Post:

Hi,
as everybody is waiting, I thought I'd post some status informations. I'll keep them up-to-date here, so everybody knows what's happening

To-Do:

* Get the final Prototype case (finished and will ship Friday, 6th of March)
* Create the keymat mould (takes 20 - 25 days)
* Design the final keyboard layout (needs to be finished when the mould is ready)
* Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)
* CE / FCC testing (can be done once the prototype case is here)
* Mass Production testrun for the final boards
* Stability testing (this will be fun)
* Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production (LATEST deadline is second week of March)
* Mass Production
* Test the boards
* SHIP THEM!

----------------------------------
If I just take these two items:
* Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)
* Create the keymat mould (takes 20 - 25 days)

This is at minimum 50 days from March 6th, I use the low end numbers of 30 and 20 This is like April 25th

Providing they make these dates (track record on dates not so well) and NONE of the other items on that list take any time at all outside the 50 days. It could ship by April 25.

In my personal opinion this is not even close to what the ship date will be. If it were to ship by July I would be surprised. But thats just my two cents.... They have still not even processed the credit card orders.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
There are no more credit card orders, only bank transfers or checks.

Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
There are no more credit card orders, only bank transfers or checks.

2009/1/30

I will be waiting and ordering via credit card once this service is available. Hopefully the exchange rate stays where its at. So I cannot reorder via credit card for several months and SOMEONE WILL CONTACT ME once this service is available?

Thanks

----------------------------------------

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM, openpandorasales <openpandorasales@gmail.com> wrote:

I have marked your order as a Priority for when the Credit Card facilities are available. I guarantee we will contact you.

Kind regards
Jacquelyn

-----------------------------------------

I have not re-paid or canceled my order yet

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by stopgo View Post
to release a product designed in 2008 when? 2011?
Might be I'm wrong there, I must admit.
Though I have a gut feeling that those guys will do it, I mean the Pandora team, before the n900. At least I hope so for them and their bank exposition.

Tags
burtflitter, chinese food, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas 2666, credit card fraud, dnf, fata morgana, lies, omap3, pandora, pandora != real, pandora hoax, pandora is going to ship?, pandora v linear time war, retreating shipdate, ripoff, scam, speculation, virtualbox