Just ordered my N800 yesterday, it should be in any day. I got it for a trip Im going on via (train). I was wondering if I could pick up an after market spare battery for it.

From what I can tell it uses a BP-5L battery, is the battery very easy to swap out? I might want to grab one or two of these, charge them up to give me a few extra hours of use, any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes they are just standard batteries. I have a couple of spares that I carry. Swapping out is really simple, just shutdown, pop off the back and change them over.
I have also got a freeloader which is nice if you just want a bootst but dont want to turn off. It will also charge other gadgets and phones with just a change of connector so you don't need to have loads of batteries.

There is no place like ~

The battery is not THAT hard to take out. You can get a spare (fake though) one off EBay for about 10 bucks.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I am personally boycotting eBay permanently because I don't like the company and its lying ways. It is driving out individual sellers and trying to keep the pros. It is raising its prices for everyone while denying it is doing so. It is trying to force everyone to PayPal so it can profit from the PayPal rake.

I recently bought two batteries from a company I found online for less than $20 including shipping from Hong Kong. The batteries seem higher quality than the ones I bought on eBay, though the ones I bought on eBay about a year ago are still working.

I will post the address of this company when I find it -- I think I may have already posted it in my own messages, if I have the patience to SEARCH for it here! I will try to post the address in this thread when I find it.

Some people cast aspersions on these third-party batteries. Perhaps the source makes a difference. NOT buying from eBay, but from a specific company, is one way to keep close tabs on the actual source.

I have found so far that I can get the same deals I used to get from eBay elsewhere.

Last edited by geneven; 2008-04-22 at 11:48.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Here's the web site where I bought my good quality batteries, better than the ones I bought on eBay and just as cheap:

http://www.sourcingmap.com/advanced_...searchType=all

I also bought a silicone case for my N800 from this company, just as cheap as eBay and identical to one I bought on eBay.

Delivery was slow, psyche yourself to wait a month, though it will probably not take that long.

It would be interesting if enough of us bought from this company that we could get a real fix on whether other people have as good experience with them as I did -- or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I have couple of spare batteries, I bought it in eBay at 5,00 € including transport to Europe. Actually I use to travel with them cause it is not to heavy and also are very small.

Thanks guys, I will grab 2 extras and look in to the "Freeloader" choffee mentioned and check out the website geneven mentioned too.

Whats a Freeloader and where can I get one?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
I think I will buy those http://cgi.ebay.ca/2x-BP-5L-Battery-...QQcmdZViewItem

Be afraid, very afraid..

(I can almost bet these are a fake (very low voltage battery) with a Nokia battery label pasted on it)

If possible try to find a SIDO battery, I've got 2 and they're just abit under the original for battery life, and most times it comes with a battery charging station, you use your original power adapter to power it, and even sometimes comes with a USB charging cord as well.