Well, except for the time I shoved it in the pocket with my keys without it's leather pouch. Poor thing got a scratch out of that. Other than that, it's been fine. I consider myself conscientous, too, but had an attack of stupid when thinking about something else.

Anti-glare screen protectors are said to help with reading in daylight, and protect from stupid stuff, so when I get a shiny new device, I'll get one.

The one that's pre-applied is not a regular screen protector; if you want a screen-protector, get a real one. That one is not very wear-resistant at all, and messes with the touch, too.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I found a couple of good replacement cheap batteries; in other words, every one I tried was good (except for a Nokia battery).
I've had a good experience so far with (3) non-standard replacement batteries, too. They don't last quite as long as the original Nokia battery, but they were relatively cheap and I don't mind caning them

Maybe I'm too precious about the original battery.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Ummm, no. If that particular stupid thing happens, I'm pretty sure it's toast either way.
it only fell like two feet dude, and pretty lightly, it just landed on the WORST SPOT it could land on.

im pretty sure if i had a protector and a jacket on it it'd'of bounced right off

A screen protector, and it lands on the screen on a corner? Ooookay... I don't think it would have survived with touchscreen intact, but short of slapping a screen protector on mine and dropping it the same way, I can't prove it. And I ain't doing that.

You say with a jacket now; I guess I assumed you were using it when it fell, in which case you'd have had it out of the case. Sure, a padded case would stand a good chance, but... I don't drop mine when I'm not using it, as a rule. <shrug />

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
A screen protector, and it lands on the screen on a corner? Ooookay... I don't think it would have survived with touchscreen intact, but short of slapping a screen protector on mine and dropping it the same way, I can't prove it. And I ain't doing that.

You say with a jacket now; I guess I assumed you were using it when it fell, in which case you'd have had it out of the case. Sure, a padded case would stand a good chance, but... I don't drop mine when I'm not using it, as a rule. <shrug />
i meant one of these or similar

with a thick hard-plastic screen cover
why is this so hard to understand?

A question but not worth to start another thread: Can I use my AC-3A (Australian charger. For you American's: AC-3U) with my N800? It outputs 5V and 350 mA's. I just wanted to know because the one I bought off EBay comes with the AC-4U American charger. Gosh why can't the world have a universal power system :S

If your charger has the small pin of newer Nokia chargers (2mm I believe), then yes, you can use it. But 350mA is a bit underspec'ed compared to the standard charger (890mA), so it'll take more than twice as long to charge it. I.e. 4-5 hours instead of a bit above 2 hours.

Originally Posted by OppositeOfIgnorance View Post
i meant one of these or similar

with a thick hard-plastic screen cover
why is this so hard to understand?
It's not hard to understand, now that you post a picture and description... But can you use the touch-screen through a thick hard-plastic screen cover?

Originally Posted by davos1
A question but not worth to start another thread: Can I use my AC-3A (Australian charger. For you American's: AC-3U) with my N800? It outputs 5V and 350 mA's. I just wanted to know because the one I bought off EBay comes with the AC-4U American charger. Gosh why can't the world have a universal power system :S
AC-4U is electrically compatible; just a mechanical adapter or conversion needed. (Conversion = Twist the prongs? No, really, you could cut new notches in the housing and reinsert the prongs...)

OK I'm going to buy a AC-4A because I need this one to charge my 6300. I think I'm too noob to hack it :P

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hamburg, Germany
3. Yes you can: http://www.mojocafe.net *

*and please do not forget to tell me if you want to have a special
Mojo of your own

Greetings from Terra1,
Carlos

The Following User Says Thank You to endorphinum For This Useful Post: