Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
vi_, who ended up living in Papua New Guinea)
He should be so lucky. Embra's currently a cesspit full of pointless roadworks preparing for a tram system that nobody wanted or needed.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
If the DDP people has a problem with a specific address (or lack of) they will contact the developer directly over email. They have done it already in some cases.

If you are concern about the integrity of your data then you are encouraged to ask directly at developer.nokia.com. I'm not part of that team and this is not the place for discussion. Thank you for your understanding.

PS: following the Nokia Store and Qt 5 activity threads one can see that almost every day someone else shows up reporting the reception of a devices. They are coming.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Hi qgil, is it possible for us developers who aren't able to spend lots of time developing to obtain an N950?

I'm willing to pay as well, I don't expect a free device.

i work 40+ hours at a hedge fund but have still managed to create 2 apps for the Nokia N9 currently on the market despite my hectic working hours!

Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
He should be so lucky. Embra's currently a cesspit full of pointless roadworks preparing for a tram system that nobody wanted or needed.
Don't forget the potholes. Potholes you can fit your WHOLE HEAD IN.

Who says the road infrastructure requires yearly investment?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Hi qgil, is it possible for us developers who aren't able to spend lots of time developing to obtain an N950?
You still have a chance to win one in the Code Competition: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_coding_competition_2012

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
my device arrived my country a week ago and it's in customs, DHL is contacting me and everytime asking new questions. the last one is

hello

Please be advised that the shipment in hand is being held for a customs inspection.
In order to continue with the clearance process, we need to present the customs with a proof of value for the goods.
Please send one of the following:

* Shipper's international price list (not a price offer or a quote)
* A declaration from the shipper (on his company logo paper) that will indicate the real value of the goods.

Please send the needed paperwork in order for us to clear the shipment and avoid further delays.
i forwarded it the guy from Nokia (Ville Moisio) that informed me about the shipment in the first place. But i would like you, qgil to check if there is anyway Nokia can check the issue, as N950 has no price(not officially sold) and as well i think DHL here didn't contacted DHL in finland, who is actually in contact with Nokia. I'm helpless here.

Thanks in advance =)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
my device arrived my country a week ago and it's in customs, DHL is contacting me and everytime asking new questions. the last one is

i forwarded it the guy from Nokia (Ville Moisio) that informed me about the shipment in the first place. But i would like you, qgil to check if there is anyway Nokia can check the issue, as N950 has no price(not officially sold) and as well i think DHL here didn't contacted DHL in finland, who is actually in contact with Nokia. I'm helpless here.

Thanks in advance =)
no ****!

actually what needed to be done was to add some artificial value, like 1$, and statement that this is a gift on the customs declaration.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel

Thanks in advance =)
I live in the same country as @ZogG and got a similar reuqest from DHL.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
no ****!

actually what needed to be done was to add some artificial value, like 1$, and statement that this is a gift on the customs declaration.
it's totally the fault of DHL israel for not contacting DHL finland and sender(nokia) and Israel customs with idiotic rules =P, afaik MohammadAG had those problems, his device was month+ in customs i think, and he may have same problem with N9 sent to him now. (matan as well in our beloved country btw).
If customs passed n950 for damagedspine for the first time with no problem, they should do the same for me, but AFAIK they are random and do whatever they do.

I hope they'll be shocked to see nokia officially telling it's a gift and they have nothing to take mony from.

My advice to save this form and maybe if it option to make attachment here of one that anyone can use in that case.

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-07-04 at 16:13.

Actually Ville is the man and I'm just the messenger.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: