Originally Posted by blumma View Post
Haha that Sounds great

But how "freaky" is it to think about buying a Smartphone which is more than 2 years old ?

I think thats the only device.

freaky¿?

with an n900 in your hands you will see what a good OS ( and developpers ) is capable in a 2 year old hardware.

do it!

regards

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North Carolina
My two cents on this. I bought an N900, absolutely loved it, but went to it from a G1 and found myself really, really missing Android. Fast forward a couple years and I still love my Nexus One, but really miss having the N900 to play with. So I'm looking into getting another one (ordered a Chinese one on ebay *crosses fingers*.)

So, can't be that damn weird. It's a great and very unique phone.

Originally Posted by neowolf View Post
My two cents on this. I bought an N900, absolutely loved it, but went to it from a G1 and found myself really, really missing Android. Fast forward a couple years and I still love my Nexus One, but really miss having the N900 to play with. So I'm looking into getting another one (ordered a Chinese one on ebay *crosses fingers*.)

So, can't be that damn weird. It's a great and very unique phone.
I just picked up my second on Ebay today. what should I have paid for my n900? Please tell me what i want to hear.

Also, the only reason I wanted a new one is because the internal memory was corrupted on the first and I could not fix it. I would gladly pay to have it repaired as a backup. Any suggestions?

Joe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOKIA-N900...5&cmd=ViewItem

just received very happy good price fast postage
DNami

Cant you get a new one from sears (if youre in the states) ?

These are new and legit right ?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1

Might be a bit expensive comparing to other sales.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by joeyn View Post
i just picked up my second on ebay today. What should i have paid for my n900? Please tell me what i want to hear.

Also, the only reason i wanted a new one is because the internal memory was corrupted on the first and i could not fix it. I would gladly pay to have it repaired as a backup. Any suggestions?

Joe
usd250-300.

Also, what do you mean the internal memory was corrupted? Can't be fixed by a reflash?
If so, the eMMC's probably loose. Unless you reball the chip, there's no getting it back on.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
The N900 is a better value proposition now (150 euro Ebay) than when it was new.

(edit, ultra-low power, transflective 800x480 display readable in DIRECT sunlight? YOU can wait for pixelqi. *I* have n900)

Last edited by ArnimS; 2012-03-07 at 14:09.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by joeyn View Post
I just picked up my second on Ebay today. what should I have paid for my n900? Please tell me what i want to hear.
I paid €175,- for a second hand in near mint condition, November last year.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
I have just paid £146 delivered made in Finland one from hongkong brand new.

Originally Posted by jutley View Post
I have just paid £146 delivered made in Finland one from hongkong brand new.
All n900's except for the dev versions were made in Korea, straight from my colleagues' mouths at Nokia.