Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Don't know what reboot problem exactly is but my device reboots on long power key press(holding). It goes actdead then 10-20 seconds later the 5 dots appear, while it skips the bright nokia logo. To shut it down i need to press powerkey and select switch off...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Seems that this is last working version:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=77
And reboot problem was first time in this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2804
Mind to test the .debs from here, that is what I am using on my device, no "isp_mod" missing symbols, no reboots.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
If these debs are rather stable I wouldn't mind testing them I see myself as testing person, not devel. If you know what I mean :P

We REALLY have to embrace the use of a development repo here. This is completely unworkable. There are kernels coming at me left at right like dicks in a gay strip club. I cannot test shít under these conditions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Hey

Do you use mplayer to play some videos? Do you have stuttering using it?

Because I am unable to play video smootly using mplayer if the pk49 is running.

If someone have pk49 and mplayer installaed, can try to play a movie (divx, xvid) to see if I am the only one with this issue?

d!

Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Hey

Do you use mplayer to play some videos? Do you have stuttering using it?

Because I am unable to play video smootly using mplayer if the pk49 is running.

If someone have pk49 and mplayer installaed, can try to play a movie (divx, xvid) to see if I am the only one with this issue?

d!
mplayer uses software to decode videos, no DSP. This anything even slightly taxing stutters.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Hey, vi_

Yes, i know it goes through software render, but sometimes I need it to play some videos that gstreamer can't handle.

I'm wondering why mplayer play videos smoothly with the default kernel, but stutters once pk 49 is installed. On my device, obviously.

I tried in every way, every time starting from a reflash. I tried installing mplayer before installing pk49, I tried installing it after pk49, with or without CSSU, launching it from command line, trying with autosync option, nocache option and many more.. I'm trying since last week, and I've reflashed the device 5 time, since then. No way, using mplayer with pk49 results everytime with stuttering playing videos.

Can I diagnose the problem in some way? Is useful to post here the output launching mplayer from command line?

d!

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
TERRIBLE POWER CONSUMPTION
Ideal profile, Wifi On (adhoc, 10mw send strength, max savings), display off, no sim card

Nokia-N900:~/bin# ./bq27200.sh -h
LOOPMODE=5
mv RSOC CSOC mA NAC CACD CACT TTF TTE TEMP EDV1 LOW
04:45 3740 64 64 -217 1326 1326 1326 65535 367 37 0
04:45 3740 64 64 -227 1326 1326 1326 65535 350 37 0
04:45 3740 64 64 -219 1326 1326 1326 65535 363 37 0

This is crazy! I should be seeing < 10 mA. Are the power49 wifi drivers munged?

Testing without wifi gives a fairly bumpy power consumption between 17 mA and about 90 mA. Note this is wifi off, screen off, measured with the bq2700.sh script. We appear to have a hungry wifi driver here. At these rates, a wifi-connected idle N900 will discharge in 6 hours, instead of lasting for days.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2012-02-24 at 04:05. Reason: more data

I had problem similar to yours, about one month ago. Those good guys helped me to solve it, pls check this 3d for my posts

d!

Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Hey, vi_

Yes, i know it goes through software render, but sometimes I need it to play some videos that gstreamer can't handle.

I'm wondering why mplayer play videos smoothly with the default kernel, but stutters once pk 49 is installed. On my device, obviously.

I tried in every way, every time starting from a reflash. I tried installing mplayer before installing pk49, I tried installing it after pk49, with or without CSSU, launching it from command line, trying with autosync option, nocache option and many more.. I'm trying since last week, and I've reflashed the device 5 time, since then. No way, using mplayer with pk49 results everytime with stuttering playing videos.

Can I diagnose the problem in some way? Is useful to post here the output launching mplayer from command line?

d!
mplayer does not use system gstreamer libraries, but ffmpeg libraries which has another implementation of audio/video codecs & decoding.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou