Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
i do not care what Jolla is saying or doing about ur devices updates, just not supporting anymore. just waiting for Librem5 happily. = )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
Seems to be about right. As expected no clear answer to the many questions about this on the blog, but at least this comment from James Noori on the blog seems to be quite clear

(emphasis by me)

So I wouldn't get my hopes up to see any work being done from Jollas side to get a higher version of android layer running on the Xperia X.
This is just not about Android API level upgrade, but also about upgrading the kernel & drivers (though most Android API level upgrades imply also kernel/drivers upgrade).

There are many hardware issues (bad CPU scheduling, broken echo cancellation, Bluetooth-WiFi interference) that are long fixed in newer kernel/driver packages Sony provides for Xperia X on their open device website.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
anyone else having issues with XA2 not connecting to network properly? Mine can see the sim card no issue at all but will not connect to a network, when i reboot it does but then on another boot up it doesn't anymore
I have the same problem that i get drops and am not connected to WIFI anymore all the time.
Openrepos and Jollas server then can not update via GUI and terminal.

Have not found out what causes this. Maybe the new iptables? No clue up to know.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemiwi For This Useful Post:
XZ2/XZ3 lineup is now officially listed in Supported devices by SONY
https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...functionality/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
XZ2/XZ3 lineup is now officially listed in Supported devices by SONY
https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...functionality/
I want an XZ3 with Sailfish!

Jolla, if you're listening, I'd pay handsomely for it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
i hope the fingerprint reader is going to arrive on the XA2 generation, because having bought a Plus i'm gonna be loath to install SFOS on it if i'll be entering passwords for the life of the device!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Getting really odd behaviour. After i flashed me XA2 with SFOS the phone could barely last a day on a single charge and that happened for around a week. Now it can happily do 3 days.
I don't think it was a parasitic app draw I rebooted the phone at least twice a day. Really odd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Getting really odd behaviour. After i flashed me XA2 with SFOS the phone could barely last a day on a single charge and that happened for around a week. Now it can happily do 3 days.
I don't think it was a parasitic app draw I rebooted the phone at least twice a day. Really odd

There is a couple of things that could play a role. Such as:

- if the phone is brand new, new types of batteries like those used nowdays on phones & laptops need a few cycles to gain their full capacity

- several DBs (such as for thumbnails, contacts etc.) need lots of processing power to be build fully and they are put in the background at low priority that could take few days to complete. If you added large sets of data such as pictures, music etc. in a fresh OS this is quite significant.

Obviously, i might be completely off here especially since you are a power user.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
There is a couple of things that could play a role. Such as:

- if the phone is brand new, new types of batteries like those used nowdays on phones & laptops need a few cycles to gain their full capacity

- several DBs (such as for thumbnails, contacts etc.) need lots of processing power to be build fully and they are put in the background at low priority that could take few days to complete. If you added large sets of data such as pictures, music etc. in a fresh OS this is quite significant.

Obviously, i might be completely off here especially since you are a power user.
You might be onto something, as I found that few others seem to have reported such things as well. I do have couple of thousands of photos on the phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x