Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by verhagke View Post
The plan with the daily fee is the Sidekick plan. However, there is also another plan called the "Pay As You Go" plan which doesn't have any daily fees. You strictly pay for the minutes you use. (about $0.11/minute or so, $0.10/text msg) The only downside is that the minutes expire. If you fill the account with $100, then the minutes will last a full year.

I'm on this plan, and they also include free access to yahoo. This works great for me as I can get news and access my email while not connected to wifi at home or work. So my overall cost is $8/month. The next year will be even cheaper as I won't have to put in $100 to keep minutes from expiring within a year.
Wow really??!?!?!?! That sounds so great . . . FREE YAHOO!!! I guess I will have to setup a forward so I could check my email but that is SOOO awesome!!! Do you use skype via wifi on your N900??? If so how is the call quality? Is it good enough to use as your primary phone number?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by mrebanza View Post
Wow really??!?!?!?! That sounds so great . . . FREE YAHOO!!! I guess I will have to setup a forward so I could check my email but that is SOOO awesome!!! Do you use skype via wifi on your N900??? If so how is the call quality? Is it good enough to use as your primary phone number?
There are three prepaid plans from Tmobile, and the great thing is that you have access to all three with minimal cost for switching. They are Sidekick, Pay by the Day, and Pay as you Go. If you join any one, you can switch to any of the others. They each have their advantages depending on your pattern of use. I tend to have a few days in which I use the N900 via Tmobile as phone or for Internet a lot and most days I don't use it at all because I am home with other phones and with Wireless. So Pay by the Day works best for me; I would say I end up paying $2 a week.

I use Skype via wifi on my N900 and have had video Skype-to-Skype calls from California to Moscow that worked ok.

The quality of Skype calls has never been all that great for me; I'm hoping they will improve. I have better results with my Vonage phone.

Originally Posted by Bidybag View Post
If your not prepared to pay for internet, then dont buy an internet tablet?

NOOOOO!!! I am not paying for an internet connection, i use only wifi and i use it many hours a day for surfing the web. I pay only for sending sms.

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Wind mobile just launched in Vancouver. They offer a pretty competitive package. $15.00 ($7.50 for the first 6 months) there data plans are competitive and compatible with the n900 frequency, but there ad hock data use is a little steep at +- $4 per megabyte. My n900 just found a new home.

Last edited by timwatt; 2010-06-03 at 23:12.

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
NOOOOO!!! I am not paying for an internet connection, i use only wifi and i use it many hours a day for surfing the web. I pay only for sending sms.
I use tmobile for cell calls (sipgate on wifi) and GV for SMS, even while on tzones. I don't see how I can beat that if I don't want a data plan.