Notices

Taken from other thread

Monopoly classic crashes when played through a button. You have to
Code:
cd game-folder
chmod 777 monopolyclassic/save
to make it work.
thx

btw a lot of silly questions. This makes the thread redundant. Kindly check out http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
Superb, where is the donation link to the dev? Truely outstanding work that I'm sure will breath new life into the n900.
As pirating inevitably relates to this, I don't think the dev should very openly announce that he is receiving money for this.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
No, I am not getting donations for the same reasons I've said on every other project:

- I would get like, $50 total? That would assume 10 people donate $5. Considering the bunch of pirates that do not even bother to hide (please!!!) the fact that they're doing stupid stuff that in the mid-long term damages not only the N900 as a platform BUT also WebOS, I would be surprised if more than 3 persons donated.

In fact, 3 persons donating would be above-average for a maemo.org project!

- The only thing that receiving a donation from someone would cause is making me feel that the donor _deserves_ something from me. Thus I'd feel compelled to keep the project ongoing even when I'm bored, not in the mood, or just plainly tired of it; thus misusing my free time, thus getting more stress, etc.

I prefer the "no obligations" attitude. Also, this is free software. If you want to donate something, donate code. Or knowledge.

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-10-27 at 14:15.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
No, I am not getting donations for the same reasons I've said on every other project:

- I would get like, $50 total? That would assume 10 people donate $5. Considering the bunch of pirates that do not even bother to hide (please!!!) the fact that they're doing stupid stuff that in the mid-long term damages not only the N900 as a platform BUT also WebOS, I would be surprised if more than 3 persons donated.

In fact, 3 persons donating would be above-average for a maemo.org project!

- The only thing that receiving a donation from someone would cause is making me feel that the donor _deserves_ something from me. Thus I'd feel compelled to keep the project ongoing even when I'm bored, not in the mood, or just plainly tired of it; thus misusing my free time, thus getting more stress, etc.

I prefer the "no obligations" attitude. Also, this is free software. If you want to donate something, donate code. Or knowledge.
Strangely I am one of those people who do donate and expect nothing but that comes from being a coder who has relied on donations before. From a personal point of view I would just like to say thankyou. Its work like this that make my N900 amazing and fresh even after a year (which as we all know in tech terms in like dog years.)

That and the fact I can dust off the old pre (150 bucks on ebay) and get some use from it again. Sigh - I had such hopes for the pre.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
the brush with illegality here is quite similar to what happens with emulators

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
ey guys i think that i installed preenv, but how to run that application, i dont see it on the main menu as the other apps, what should i do now? how to enable it, and how to run games thx

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
ey guys i think that i installed preenv, but how to run that application, i dont see it on the main menu as the other apps, what should i do now? how to enable it, and how to run games thx
All you need is in http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/FAQ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMacalinao For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JMacalinao View Post
All you need is in http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/FAQ
Thx mate! i will see what i can do with this guide

ok i installed preenv, and i have the ipk file of nfs undercover, but how to extract the ipk? i don't have any 7-zip application btw where can i find it?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
ok i installed preenv, and i have the ipk file of nfs undercover, but how to extract the ipk? i don't have any 7-zip application btw where can i find it?
You can download 7-zip at http://7-zip.org (Maybe I should put the URL in the wiki...)

Tags
bada rox, chuck norris, phone, preenv, webos