I know I might not have many post or Karma to gain support of many of you but I really feel that Texrat handled the situation of the P1.2 Leak very well last night.

For starters, I was up awake last night reading the topic from the 1st post till page 52 and finally went to sleep.

Texrat would pop in every 2 pages to remind everyone that the Firmware was not Official, that it is a leak and that it may cause damage to the phone/computer..

I believe he made some really good choices cos of the following..

- Shutting down the thread would have caused everyone to move to other non moderate-able forums where noobs might have been flashing away all night..

- A Rom is a Rom.. unless Nokia's PR official steps in and claims the ROM its free for distribution. When the days of custom Roms and Modded Roms come (if they ever) would you consider them to be illegal as they contain some bits of nokia's proprietary code and Ban the Rom cookers? Well that doesnt sound too "Open " to me.. I agree that Nokia CAN stop this but this is NOT Nokia Support Forum!!

- It was the first Rom leak for the n900. Who would have known what is the "right' course of action.

- It was Friggin 3am!!! He was up all night just to remind the ppl that the rom might be buggy, laggy or may even brick your phone.. Give the guy some credit and stoop convincing him to Resign.

Texrat .. ur awesome.. Dont resign..

Last edited by rnb89; 2010-05-02 at 20:39.

The Following 109 Users Say Thank You to rnb89 For This Useful Post:
ajax1, amh, andrewfblack, antoarts, Aranel, ArchiMark, ashish, attila77, b-man, Behemoth, blwthompson, BN900, bockersjv, c0rt3x, casper27, Chrome, cortina61, craftyguy, cy8aer, DarkFulgore, DeargDoom, dominik, ed00, efekt, EIPI, elimoon8, esthreel, EuskiPeuski, fatalsaint, festivalnut, fmo, FreeThinker, GameboyRMH, gom4381, gordonshowers, Hannu, harp, HellFlyer, hellnick, henry, Hotshot, iKneaDough, johnel, jonquark, jsmanrique, jutl, KC1950, kojacker, Laughingstok, LippiVan, Livinmalife, logicalsid, luckylefty, maguitodelrock, maluka, mava2, mece, michaaa62, mikec, mscarrot, musculus, Naranek, netAdept, nick.read, NiftyWolfie, Nipperoid, NokTokDaddy, nuknuk, NvyUs, Olvi, omeriko9, Omkar, One Of The Elect, optimistprime, OptX, oved_etzot, PdxDoug, pierro78, Rauha, rebhana, RevdKathy, robbie, scifi.guy, scribbles, sjgadsby, skalogre, slender, Sopwith, spoonbuddy, Strutten, sxc, telecomgeek79, telnet, Texrat, theflew, vabgeo, Venemo, Viqsi, viraptor, vmajor, Wanker, WilliePre, wmhobbes, zlatko, ZogG, zvogt
I am nosa101 and I approve of this message

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
take a bow son

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sajman For This Useful Post:
here goes my support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tusharmax For This Useful Post:
Texrat++
People who are aware if they might've made a mistake (doesn't matter whether it was true or not) are better than new guys with no experience

The Following User Says Thank You to viraptor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
Someones kissing ***

I doubt it'll change anything but Tex always has my support.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
i agree, Texrat handled it perfectly

The Following User Says Thank You to Nipperoid For This Useful Post:
I hate Texrat and hope he burns in the blazing fires of hell!

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
I really agree and expecially appreciate the competent and calm way Texrat handles things. He *is* a southener, after all

Greetings from Bavaria,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post: