du -h .mediabox
0 .mediabox/playlists
0 .mediabox/upnpcache
0 .mediabox/youtube/search-cache
0 .mediabox/youtube
56.7M .mediabox/idtags
0 .mediabox/themes
56.8M .mediabox
The thumbnails directory shouldn't be the problem. The thumbnails are tiny and saved as .jpg to be even smaller. With a very large collection, it should only occupy a few MB. In future versions of MediaBox thumbnails can be stored on the medium where the files are, so that not everything goes into your home directory anymore. This will improve a lot regarding thumbnails.

The problem seems to be the cache of ID tags. I assume that you have a lot of files with embedded coverart. I'm going to move the ID tag cache to the memory cards as well.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
any plans of getting video for 770?
Yes, I plan to get MediaBox running as best as possible on the 770. This includes video of course.

If anybody could help with the video stuff on 770, this would be great. I think the osso-media-server would be the best backend for video on the 770. But I haven't figured out yet how to setup the output rectangle for the omap-fb video-out.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Paris, France
Pycage, thanks again for your efforts.

I have another request about theming : in "RadioScale.py", the color of lines and text of "__scala_pmap" is hardcoded to "#666666".

Maybe you could use "theme.color_mb_listitem_subtext" instead (I mean, no real need to add another color definition in "mb.def").

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I do have a lot of embedded cover art - Stems from the Archos I used prior to an internet tablet.

Mediabox also seems quite slow when dealing with such a lot of music. I assume this is to be expected. Having said that the standard media player is even worse!

Thanks

Gaz

Originally Posted by Krazybat View Post
Pycage, thanks again for your efforts.

I have another request about theming : in "RadioScale.py", the color of lines and text of "__scala_pmap" is hardcoded to "#666666".

Maybe you could use "theme.color_mb_listitem_subtext" instead (I mean, no real need to add another color definition in "mb.def").
You're right. This needs to be changed. The fmradio plugin can either use "theme.color_mb_listitem_subtext" or define it's own key in a custom .def file (which is better I think).

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
I do have a lot of embedded cover art - Stems from the Archos I used prior to an internet tablet.
OK, this explains the large size of the ID tag cache. In the next version, the ID tag cache is split across the volumes with your media, so that it won't all go into the same place.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Mediabox also seems quite slow when dealing with such a lot of music. I assume this is to be expected. Having said that the standard media player is even worse!
Which parts are slow? Maybe some things can still be optimized. Being able to deal with large collections is a priority for MediaBox.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
You're right. This needs to be changed. The fmradio plugin can either use "theme.color_mb_listitem_subtext" or define it's own key in a custom .def file (which is better I think).
Thanks !
You're right, it'll be better like that

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I feel foolish asking, but I have yet to discover how to delete files within Mediabox. It would seem particularly useful witth the saved YouTube videos.

Deleting is not possible yet.
But I'm planning this for the YouTube plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Yes, I plan to get MediaBox running as best as possible on the 770. This includes video of course.

If anybody could help with the video stuff on 770, this would be great. I think the osso-media-server would be the best backend for video on the 770. But I haven't figured out yet how to setup the output rectangle for the omap-fb video-out.
me no programmer, but why not use mplayer? (Video settings: click yes if 770 with mplayer installed) A succesfull installation of Mplayer simply would be requirement for Mediabox video...

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube