Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by iTab View Post
It won't connect to the server - please help!!!
Please post a little bit more info and see where is the problem. For example, were you able to add shared folders/files to your library? If you do, you should be able to see the shared folders/files when click library......

Bun

If you browse the library while the library is indexing, i.e. a moving circle, you may have damaged the index and cause the unable to share/connect problem. This is a known bug that TVersity is currently working on. The way I fix it, uninstall the whole thing, and reinstall, and this time, dont touch anything till the moving circle stopped.

Post back if question, hope this works.

bun

Originally Posted by jrock2004 View Post
I like it for internally but externally I cannot get to it.
I have it figured out, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...5578#post75578

enjoy,

bun

sir bunanson, can you help me configure my n77o? it connects to the network but can not browse? im A newbie....need you help

Originally Posted by dex View Post
sir bunanson, can you help me configure my n77o? it connects to the network but can not browse? im A newbie....need you help
Can you provide more information, for e.g., how do you know you are connected. if connected but with a "?" on the globe that means the connection is not good, post back, we will help to get you going.

BTW, if you call somebody sir, which I rightfully deserved , dont you supposed to end your request with something like your honor, your highness etc How come I dont see that?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
debernardis
What software could I use as a server on a Linux Ubuntu machine?
EDIT: Self-answer: mediatomb
It's my understanding that Twonky is a media server that will install on Linux NAS and Linux x86 PC's in addition to Windows. (Unfortunately its not free you have to pay a small fee)
www.twonkyvision.de

I use Twonky occasionally via my XP PC as it serves my mp3 embedded Album Art to Media Streamer when playing audio tracks. I use Media Streamer to either play tracks directly on my Internet Tablet or control playback via my Philips Sl300i UPnP device connected to my Hi-Fi. (TVersity Release 0.9.10.7 is currently unable to serve the Album Art)

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-09-19 at 16:01.

Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
It's my understanding that Twonky is a media server that will install on Linux NAS and Linux x86 PC's in addition to Windows. (Unfortunately its not free you have to pay a small fee)
www.twonkyvision.de

I use Twonky occasionally via my XP PC as it serves my mp3 embedded Album Art to Media Streamer when playing audio tracks. I use Media Streamer to either play tracks directly on my Internet Tablet or control playback via my Philips Sl300i UPnP device connected to my Hi-Fi. (TVersity Release 0.9.10.7 is currently unable to serve the Album Art)

Either I have not optimized the settings or there is a tremendous amount of router overhead, the streaming of video over inet is not watchable. With TVersity, I am able to stream music over the web and has absolutely no difficulty, works very well. Video streaming is only limited to inside my own home network, over localhost: port. when streams over inet: port, it stutters so much, it is not watchable. I do not understand why there is so much big difference in streaming within my home network, compare to stream over internet, some built in security issue? A lot of posts saying streaming video successfully, I have severe doubt. Yup right, I stream video too, 1 frame per minute, ..., I have since give up streaming video. I think it either requiring tremendous amount of bandwidth or router tweaking thats way beyond a casual user.

bun