How about unistallation?
I cant find anything..

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
well. it's very complicated process. you should open settings, go to applications and open applications management menu (it's the most complicated). then you should ask your friend to find cyclotron in huge list of installed application (alone you will spend about 10 hours, just ask friends to find it in about 1 hour), then click on it and find Uninstall button. It hides sometimes, just ask button to appear. remember - N9 is SMART phone, so it watching and listening you all the time. Good luck and be careful!

apt-get remove cyclotron

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
well. it's very complicated process. you should open settings, go to applications and open applications management menu (it's the most complicated). then you should ask your friend to find cyclotron in huge list of installed application (alone you will spend about 10 hours, just ask friends to find it in about 1 hour), then click on it and find Uninstall button. It hides sometimes, just ask button to appear. remember - N9 is SMART phone, so it watching and listening you all the time. Good luck and be careful!

apt-get remove cyclotron

Hahhaa! This made my day

Originally Posted by coderus View Post

apt-get remove cyclotron
Threads with no full installation-uninstallation guides
Apps that can f*ck your phone if you install them together
No serious backup tool like ios & android

Sorry but i would like to ask first, shoot later
Anyway, thanks for your time boy

The Following User Says Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
No serious backup tool like ios & android
Well, I think backupping Harmattan is EASIER than iOS or Android... maye it depends on what and how you want to backup?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Coderus you may know that but there are people who are unaware and we shoud be responsible to some extent to make em aware
btw
u the coderus from symbian sence na??
Thats question killing me
if yes a tight hug in advance

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted by bibek View Post
For the lazy guys like me, I created few desktop files and a png icon.
After you install the cyclotron deb file, copy the .desktop files to /usr/share/applications

and copy the icon to usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80 (optional)

you'll have four icons for starting, killing swutcher, previous window, and next window.
you can link these to myMoves to have a swipey ui switching running

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30937627/Cyclotron.rar
All the shortcuts had a green icon until I opened the .desktop and found out the .png has to be copied to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80/apps/

Thanks. This package is great and the "Next" and "Previous" scripts allow me to use MyMoves to switch without using the volume buttons.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Like this hack very much, really makes using N9 that much more awesome. However, I have a question - if I remember correctly - in one of the early versions, the cycling area was at the bottom of the screen and a line was displayed. I actually think that area was better - not necessarily with that line visible, cause now, every now and then instead of cycling it opens top menu or sometimes freezes for a few seconds. Would it be possible to add a toggle option somewhere to choose between old and new cycling area?

Last edited by don.edri; 2013-06-25 at 12:00.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by don.edri View Post
Like this hack very much, really makes using N9 that much more awesome. However, I have a question - if I remember correctly - in one of the early versions, the cycling area was at the bottom of the screen and a line was displayed. I actually think that area was better - not necessarily with that line visible, cause now, every now and then instead of cycling it opens top menu or sometimes freezes for a few seconds. Would it be possible to add a toggle option somewhere to choose between old and new cycling area?
As far as I know, there was never a Cyclotron (at least from me) with a cycling area at the bottom. The status bar as cycling area has been chosen because it makes it easy to integrate into existing apps (libmeegotouch / Qt Components take care of handling events on that area).

In other words: All applications are really full-screen on MeeGo Harmattan, and the toolkit (libmeegotouch for most built-in applications and Qt Quick Components for some built-in applications and most third party apps) is used to display the status bar inside that fullscreen window. The toolkit is also responsible for handling touch events on the area, and that's where Cyclotron hooks in and adds the swipe left/right gesture handling (see the patches on the Cyclotron website for how simple / naive this really is implemented) - we can't really do that with the bottom area that easily.

Of course, one option would definitely be to implement this in the compositor (mcompositor, i.e. the application that manages all the windows), but the "Swipe" plugin to the compositor (that handles all swipe gestures for the window starting from the screen edges) is closed source, and as far as I know, the most recent versions (as shipped with PR1.3) of it don't include the necessary hooks anymore (that e.g. SwipeManager used; and even there only the pre-defined actions could be defined, no external command/D-Bus signal).

If the Swipe plugin was open, I could imagine a Cyclotron where you could swipe left and right to directly go between applications (see this video @ 02:35 for how this works on a Blackberry Playbook).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
thp Thanks for this great app,i know you've answered it already :
" In other words: All applications are really full-screen on MeeGo Harmattan, and the toolkit (libmeegotouch for most built-in applications and Qt Quick Components for some built-in applications and most third party apps) is used to display the status bar inside that fullscreen window. "
But what about those that they don't display status bar such as : documents,notes etc...? They just don't work with this mod?
Also it doesn't work for me with ''Settings'' anyone else have this problem?
Thanks.