Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London
The power adaptor for the 770 is a standard Nokia one.

You can buy a replacement (UK version) http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=123415 for under £10.

The adaptor is a Nokia AC-4. Search for that with Google to find a local store.

That's another really useful thing about the 770. Everywhere I go people have Nokia mobiles so I can pinch their adaptor if I ever need a charge up even if I've forgotten mine.

Originally Posted by Smiley Dan
That's another really useful thing about the 770. Everywhere I go people have Nokia mobiles so I can pinch their adaptor if I ever need a charge up even if I've forgotten mine.
Well it's a standard one, but not the standard one. It's not the same as the one that came with my 6230 - the pins is about half the size - so I suspect I need to get the adapter they sell.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
[lol - andymulhearn posted and aswered my question while I was composing my post below! - well my question about hacking the USB still stands... ]

This is something that confused me a bit when I got mine - when I heard it was a 'standard Nokia charger' I expected the sort they've been using from around the 3210 onwards - the 770's charger has a really tiny connector - not like the standard one most people seem to have lying around..

Do all/most new Nokia phones come with this small-connector version? Can you get a convertor (and carry that around instead of the chrager itself)?

Might it be possible to hack it (hardware) to charge though the USB port?

Last edited by dsmudger; 2005-11-09 at 11:34.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
Although the 770 uses the newer style (2mm) power plug - my 6170 doesn't fit (it's the older 3.5mm plug). Nokia are doing an adapter (CA-44) to convert between the two but it seems overpriced - between £5 and £10 - might as well buy a full adapter.

Originally Posted by dsmudger
[lol - andymulhearn posted and aswered my question while I was composing my post below! - well my question about hacking the USB still stands... ]

This is something that confused me a bit when I got mine - when I heard it was a 'standard Nokia charger' I expected the sort they've been using from around the 3210 onwards - the 770's charger has a really tiny connector - not like the standard one most people seem to have lying around..

Do all/most new Nokia phones come with this small-connector version? Can you get a convertor (and carry that around instead of the chrager itself)?

Might it be possible to hack it (hardware) to charge though the USB port?
You bought one of the sexiest and most sought after new devices available (IMHO and based on the fact it's sold out all over Europe, or so it seems) and you want to attack it with a screwdriver and soldering iron. Are you mad!

I will probably go for the converter as it's smaller and I've got Nokia 3.5mm power adapters coming out of my ears!

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Originally Posted by andymulhearn
Are you mad!
Reasonably mad, yes

Originally Posted by andymulhearn
I will probably go for the converter as it's smaller and I've got Nokia 3.5mm power adapters coming out of my ears!
Me too for now (at some point), but it's still an extra thing to carry around in the bottom of your pocket - every man and his dog has a USB-MiniUSB cable somewhere around the house though, so I really wish they'd done charging over USB... (my phone charges that way it's immensely convenient )

I guess maybe the DC voltage converters for that would have been too big and run too hot too keep the 770 the size it is...

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Does Nokia offer a power adaptor which can directly charge the BP-5L battery pack of the 770? This way a spare battery pack makes sense. Charging the empty one externally while using the fresh one.