I have a N810 and a N800 but over the last week since I installed a new memory card the battery life of the N810 is now over 3 days between charges with several programs running. Before this I had to charge both every one to one and a half days.

I have to do some more testing but this never was the case before. Also it is not just installing Diablo since it have been installed on both tablets since the first week of it's release.

I am asking this question because as strange as it sounds I can not find any information explaining what is considered standby or Idle. Is Idle with the tablet powered off?
Name:  N810 Cover sample 050.jpg
Views: 22742
Size:  42.2 KB

This tablet have been always connected to WiFi and on and off with bluetooth for 3 days and 5 hours with the xournal file manager running. I use it the same way as before on and off through out the day.

My question: Is this normal and less than this is unusual?

Idle means turned on, but not in use.

I've read in these forums about some memory cards draining the battery. When you "installed a new memory card" were you replacing a smaller one?

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Yes, please post specifics (brand, model, speed etc.) on the memory cards. The Nokias are more sensitive to minor differences than laptops etc.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by ace View Post
Idle means turned on, but not in use.

I've read in these forums about some memory cards draining the battery. When you "installed a new memory card" were you replacing a smaller one?
No I am still using a 16GB Full size SDHC.

Idle time= 10 days??
No tablet I have ever lasted more than 2 days just siting turned on.
That includes 2- Nokia 770, N800, N810

While I am testing my SD card adapter I installed many cards. The one I am testing now is the Sanddisk 16GB extreme III but this is not what I am after.

I need to know if this is normal battery time for others with any card installed. Then I can work back from there.

Actually the card I am using draw more current than any other card I have tested. This is really why I am asking this question.

Thanks for the reply

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by craves1 View Post

Idle time= 10 days??

While I am testing my SD card adapter I installed many cards. The one I am testing now is the Sanddisk 16GB extreme III but this is not what I am after.

I need to know if this is normal battery time for others with any card installed. Then I can work back from there.

Actually the card I am using draw more current than any other card I have tested. This is really why I am asking this question.

Thanks for the reply
Idle - not turned off, but screen off, , BT etc. not being accessed, no programs running checks on your media etc.
I routinely would get 3 days, but could not leave it not being accessed,
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by craves1 View Post

Idle time= 10 days??

Thanks for the reply
my n810 sat for 5 or 6 days idle (i went on vacation) and still had 3hr run time when i returned on the oem battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to notladstyle For This Useful Post:
Thanks all

I guess the best way to do this is to play the same music on each card and time how long it plays before shutting down. This will give me the reference point I need.

My tablet would go dead in 2 days before no mater what but it could be a software application update that solved the problem.

After a full charge I see 'idle: 10 days' or so. I never leave it idle for very long though but there's no problem leaving the charger back at work over the weekend, even if I use it with wi-fi for a while on Saturday as well as Sunday.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Mine, a N800 with a 4GB card, last around 6 days idle.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
My N800 has been in use for a year. My machine reports battery time left 9 days at idle, 6 hours in use (that is with Bluetooth headset paired and WiFi connected). I have two SanDisk 8G SDHC cards inserted.

I cannot say what the actual "drain time" is before I need to charge it for I usually leave it plugged in when ever I am near a convenient outlet. I have a 12VDC cig. adapter in my car because I'll play music in the car from the N800 and use it with a bluetooth GPS rcvr while driving. Not cycling (draining) the battery needlessly will extend it's overall life.