I see that the camera is recognized by KDE. However in absence of jasper runtime, unable to use it with kopete.

is there a deb for jasper that i can use?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by suryavanshi View Post
I see that the camera is recognized by KDE. However in absence of jasper runtime, unable to use it with kopete.

is there a deb for jasper that i can use?
http://penguinbait.com/jasper.tar

How to install

cd /
tar xvf /path/to/jasper.tar

jasper is now installed, I tried playing with it myself but dont know what the heck I am doing.

Please let me know if this works and how?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

It did not work...

What i need it libjasper1 and libjasper-runtime both. With both of these kopete should be able to work with yahoo and msn video chats

If this works, we could try hacking skype 2 for linux to work in kde. that would give tablet to pc video call functionality.

thanks!! appreciate your work

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?p...bcam%20support

Last edited by suryavanshi; 2008-01-19 at 04:28.

I started it but I got video errors couldnt get frame, perhaps it needs to turn the camera on somehow?, hope you have some insight, if not maybe post the output in the DEV forum?

http://penguinbait.com/libjasp-so.tar

good luck
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Hi, any luck/progress on this?

None so far for me

You can't hack Skype2 to work with N800. It's binary, compiled for x86 The tablet is ARM.

how can you turn the camera off?

Originally Posted by Delphipgmr View Post
how can you turn the camera off?
??? How did you turn it on???

Tags
camera, kde, kde35