To debug issues, try running chroot /opt/alien and start /system/bin/surfaceflinger, then you can view logs with /system/bin/logcat inside chroot.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Could you please report, what works and what not?
I will do it soon, I want to try gps first. Tell me what to try and I'll try to test it.

I have a question too, how can I transfer all the apps and settings from the other Sailfish rom? Just copy and paste the /nemo directory?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Let me get this straight. The purpose of this thread is to kick Android off the Nexus 4 and install Sailfish on it, then go through the whole series of loops and awkward steps, only to... run Android on it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Let me get this straight. The purpose of this thread is to kick Android off the Nexus 4 and install Sailfish on it, then go through the whole series of loops and awkward steps, only to... run Android on it?
Not only on Nexus 4 also Nexus 5 and there is some info about OPX and some about running aliendalvik on Nexus 7 too, but it's not about running android on them it's about running android apps on them. Trust me, no one in this thread would ever even speak about android if SFOS had the same apps, especially the most used ones.

P.S. i would appreciate if someone modified name of this thread. It's not just Nexus 4 It runs on Nexus 5, Nexus 7, (OPX has some problems but i believe it's some library issues) maybe it will run on some other ports too if modified correctly. sadly i can't test it. I have only N4 & N5 and i can confirm this works on both of them. On N4 i even have play store and play services

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=matemana;1523174]Not only on Nexus 4 also Nexus 5 and there is some info about OPX and some about running aliendalvik on Nexus 7 too,

Do you have sound in android apps?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
[QUOTE=GCR;1523192]
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Not only on Nexus 4 also Nexus 5 and there is some info about OPX and some about running aliendalvik on Nexus 7 too,

Yes, sound works, somehow.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2017-02-10 at 22:47.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
[QUOTE=GCR;1523192]
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Not only on Nexus 4 also Nexus 5 and there is some info about OPX and some about running aliendalvik on Nexus 7 too,

Yes, sound works for me too.

Do you know how to repair sound in android (I've got sound in sailfish apps) - which config files, logs should I check?

I'm hopeful we can get OPX working as well - unlike the Nexus devices there is no way to multiboot Android and SFOS.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Can someone test this archive? I will not have my nexus 4 for a while.
This is for Nexus 4 only with CM 11 base !!!

install this after installing aliendalvik.
here is aliendalvik for nexus 4
https://mega.nz/#!EJNjyTya!k0SQ0kAOT...7g4BisN8Hwk07Y

Now about second rpm (link down below) this should help you install google services and play store. after installing this rpm you will see 4 apks in your home folder: google.apk, google_services.apk, play_store.apk and youtube.apk. Go ahead and install them. You should see them in your menu. now run them and confirm if it works.

https://mega.nz/#!YI9ECKoZ!I3y6Uwioy...Y0_iTCNUfYlBTI