Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by LameDuck View Post
No, it simply isn't. Unless they release it next week (unlikely, unless I read the Jolla Statement wrong) they don't meet their announced time target (release to customers by the end of Q2/2017). Imagine a supplier who announced to deliver by the end of June comes to you one week before the due date and says: "Come on, don't be so impatient, I will tell you something next week anyways." Even if this comparison is flawed - for me todays statement is one more proof that they are unable to communicate professionally to the community.
To be serious, it would be sufficient to release a flash image for the X next week and, in my opinion, this would satisfy our demands. Ok, as they are talking about "further steps", I don't think they will do so. BUT: It's too early to complain.

Originally Posted by LameDuck View Post
The people who are not satisfied are a minority by now. The big majority has turned their backs to Jolla and Sailfish a long time ago. The minority who is dissatisfied has every reaason to be so. There were so many setbacks in the last few years. I don't think I need to mention them, but missed timelines and bad communication to the community was an issue in most of them.
I am not involved in the refund disaster. I can understand the complaints regarding this but it's another story. Nobody knows how hard they are really working on that issue and I think they have to show this to the community every day and not every two months.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
A professor of me once taught us what he learned after moving from northern Germany to the rhine area:

When he ordered printing of his scripts he got a delivery date confirmed by the printer. On the day the scripts were due he went to the printer to pick up his printed scripts. However, he only got a vague explanation about other more urgent matter and a new date of delivery.

What he learned was, that the first scheduled date is an optimistic estimation of a day where the printer expected to be able to name a more reliable date of delivery.

After the professor has learned this lesson he had quite a relaxed living in the rhine area.

Maybe one of the Jolla guys once lived in the rhine area ...
Nice story but its a lame excuse. If give someone your word on a delivery date and do not deliver on time then your word is meaningless.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
Nice story but its a lame excuse. If give someone your word on a delivery date and do not deliver on time then your word is meaningless.
You are right, it is not an excuse, it is an attitude ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
A week is nothing. We have soon waited 3 years. THREE years so I guess we can handle a week.

I'm not intressted in buying anything next week unless I'm a lucky random Refund winner in game of ...

Yeah. A week is nothing. They could atleast said a month. That would have been more of a challenge
Good for you that you're only waiting 3 years... I almost waiting 5 years for a phone that can be used here in Paraguay (South America) running fully Sailfish OS
with dalvik. Hope the the waiting for me will end next week 🤗

Enviado desde mi Xperia Z2 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Good for you that you're only waiting 3 years... I almost waiting 5 years for a phone that can be used here in Paraguay (South America) running fully Sailfish OS
with dalvik. Hope the the waiting for me will end next week 🤗

3 years, 5 years. It's all the same. You might get a sailfish port if you have an Xperia X next week. I hope you will get what you hoping for but I doubt this port is production ready bundled with Alien. I think it's more of a glorified demo port.

Hope they charge some money for it to boost the random Refund roulette, but it's more likely to be free due to the basic qualities of the product.

Any way. Cool week ahead. 5 years and a week. How will you celebrate if they release a port for you?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Just wondering.. How much does exactly Jolla owe you?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Me? a reason to trust them.

(not sure about the exact amount 105 USD?)

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
They don't "owe" anybody anything. They said they might give away donations/gifts one day...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
3 years, 5 years. It's all the same. You might get a sailfish port if you have an Xperia X next week. I hope you will get what you hoping for but I doubt this port is production ready bundled with Alien. I think it's more of a glorified demo port.

Hope they charge some money for it to boost the random Refund roulette, but it's more likely to be free due to the basic qualities of the product.

Any way. Cool week ahead. 5 years and a week. How will you celebrate if they release a port for you?
Throwing to the trash my old android phone 🤗 hahaha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Me? a reason to trust them.

(not sure about the exact amount 105 USD?)
Would you shut up and leave TMO forever if we gave you the money?

Phones: Motorola Moto G 2nd gen | Nokia N900
Tablet: Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830
SBC: Raspberry Pi 2

Proud supporter of open source software

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ariadeno For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x