Notices

can anyone give a link to this file..."conversations_modder.zip"

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
@Original Post

ROFL! "And I was like"
I actually set that as my name lol!

Can we get an option in the menu for:
( ) Restart Messaging UI

IDK if it's supposed to automatically be doing this during exit, but every time i change stuff using the modder i still have to type:
root
killall rtcom-messaging-ui

Thanks for the awesome tool!

Anyone managed to get to the bottom of the "file does not exist" message in conversation modder 1.5.2?

Have managed to install and go through con modder to when it asks to choose a theme. When I choose one it comse up with this message. Have tried using unzipped, zipped, no space in the name but still no joy. Have gone throught this thread numerous times but cant seem to get it to work!!

Really loving all the work which has gone into producing this awesome app but losing all hope of ever getting it working for me

Help?

The Following User Says Thank You to Panta1 For This Useful Post:
Im having the same file error. Tried installing all the zip tools.
None helped, Its wierd as i had this working before but since my last os flash its been a no go.
im running the Cssu and power kernel 47

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Same error here "file does not exist", but I don't Have cssu installed, only Kernel 47 and I don't have any zip tools installed too. What's wrong with this version???

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Ok, guys, lets try to solve this and find out whats going wrong and where its going wrong. For me, it works even after a fresh flashing.

Try this in xterm
Code:
sh /opt/conversationmodder/conversation_modder.sh
and post your output when the program exits.

Hopefully it will give us a clue.
Also, where are your theme files located?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

hi ejasmudar
Heres my output. :-) hpe this helps solve the problem.

Code:
$ sh /opt/conversationmodder/conversation_modder.sh
[/home/user/MyDocs/niqbal_conv-ui_theme1.zip]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
note:  /home/user/MyDocs/niqbal_conv-ui_theme1.zip may be a plain executable, not an archive
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/user/MyDocs/niqbal_conv-ui_theme1.zip or
        /home/user/MyDocs/niqbal_conv-ui_theme1.zip.zip, and cannot find /home/user/MyDocs/niqbal_conv-ui_theme1.zip.ZIP, period.
cheers
Nick

Its Alive!!

Finally able to change theme but had to use Filebox to copy and paste the files across as couldnt get my head round the con modder app which is a shame really as really like the app.

I found Filebox easy to do and lets you simply copy and paste the theme files once they have been unzipped to wotever folder you created to store them in under MyDocs.

Might help some of you who are struggling to install themes

hi, the modder works for me.
I apply the portrait mode with a theme that support the portrait mode.

There is a minor problem with it.
With the default conversation windows, the windows will auto scroll down when we sent/receive a message.

now the window only can read the time stamp. but won't auto scroll down to the bottom.

Is the a bug of theme or???

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
niko3d, hmmm, can u open that theme zip file from winzip in windows or with the file manager? Because, it feels to me that the theme file maybe incomplete/currupt.
@locolyric, that is a bug present in some themes. you can ask the creators to solve it in the other thread.

@panta1 that is just what this app does: copies files to the required location. nothing more.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Tags
conversations, modding