Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Hello. Within my "2010 countdown" blogpost series I've released a user interface concept for XChat:

http://tabletui.wordpress.com/2009/1...2%80%93-xchat/

The only thing it misses is an actual coder that will help me releaseing this stuff. I understand that X-Chat is a really complex application, but I think we should still do it, cause it's the real fun

So I wanted to ask, are there any volunteers to help me with it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wazd; 2009-12-27 at 00:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Xournal eats all my spare time, otherwise I'd be delighted to help

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I know nothing about coding, but I have Xchat loaded and running. Mo would be willing to test whatever you come up with.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Well, lets change the goal a bit, who can help with developing genuine maemo IRC client using these concepts? Since XChat is too heavy to be editted as I was told

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
Well, lets change the goal a bit, who can help with developing genuine maemo IRC client using these concepts? Since XChat is too heavy to be editted as I was told
Why not just add IRC support to the default communication app. I read somewhere that the last version (maemo 4) even had support for chat rooms (IRC/Jabber), so maybe the extra features are not that hard to provide from maemo extras

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
You might want to have a word with lcuk - I believe an IRC client is one of his projects.

Ok, I have downloaded the latest XChat sources and am currently trying to diagnose the cause of those crashes when saving config. My plans are at least to release a stable versin of XChat for Maemo5 with the UI configured in a semi-sane way. The main problem is that I cannot even build the package: it drops out saying that debian/tmp/usr/lib/xchat directory is not found. Qwerty12, can ou help me out by any chance? Anyone else?

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
Hello. Within my "2010 countdown" blogpost series I've released a user interface concept for XChat:

http://tabletui.wordpress.com/2009/1...2%80%93-xchat/

Thanks in advance.
I like the swipe thing for channels and users.. great idea. I hope that app could become real.

Tags
hildonizing, xchat