Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Are you going to include keysets for Blu ray players?.
Yes, Blu-ray is supported by Pierogi. In fact, all the Blu-ray controls I have seen so far have been more-or-less identical to their DVD counterparts (which I guess only makes sense). Odds are good that you'd be able to use a given manufacturer's DVD remote control on one of their BD players and vice-versa...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Pondokcina AX (Jawa Barat ID)
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
It should be -- as far as I have seen, all Toshiba TVs are using the same IR protocol and the same device code (although some of their command codes differ). The Toshiba TV keysets in Pierogi should cover most of the Toshiba TVs out there. I hope.
thank you copernicus....

My next update (1.1.4) is now on the way up. I'm rather embarrased to admit that, after getting ready to completely revamp the way I was storing and administering my lists of keyset and device data in order to support filtering them using the keyboard, I discovered that there was a simpler way to do it. Much simpler. Maybe only two dozen lines of code total. I really do need to just sit down and learn how GUIs really work someday... Anyway, both the list of keysets and the list of devices now accept a user-defined filter string.

I've also added a "default keyset" option to the Preferences panel. You can't really do much with the default keyset yet; the only value it has right now is that it can override the volume controls of whatever keyset you are currently using. This can be useful for people who want to, say, always manipulate the TV's volume even if they are currently controlling a DVD or VCR.

In keyset news, I've stumbled over another Daewoo TV config file, and added it as Daewoo TV Keyset 5. I've also fixed a bug in a Digital Stream receiver keyset, added a Grundig Freesat keyset, and set up a new keyset file for the Lexuz brand of receivers.

As always, please treat this update with care; as with anything in extras-devel, it may have bugs. Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Copernicus, any mention of Thomson AM1480 mini hi-fi, in You "usual sources" of keycodes? It doesn't seem to work with any of thomson keysets currently present in Pierogi.

Thanks in advance,

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Copernicus, any mention of Thomson AM1480 mini hi-fi, in You "usual sources" of keycodes? It doesn't seem to work with any of thomson keysets currently present in Pierogi.
Yeah, unfortunately, I only seem to be coming up with video devices for Thomson. I've only got a single config file for an audio device, and I'm not too sure about that one. My usual sources (mostly LIRC and hifi-remote.com) just don't have anything for me...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
thx for genius remote, now i can lose hapily that 4 buttons remote. seems it's working better than the original remote.

The Following User Says Thank You to ioncelmare For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Finally , a keyset search bar!
Found a few small bugs tho.

If you press Shift or Blue Shift the text in the search bar disappears.

This makes it hard to search for a mix of numbers and letters.

Also holding the key to get a number on the first digit doesn't work.

Open Pierogi, Select Keyset by Device, Hold 'e'.
The expected outcome is '3'

Finally is it supposed to be case sensitive?
It currently isn't but I was expecting it to be.

Cheers for the update.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Oh ... also just noticed the enter button clears the search bar too.
It would be nice if the exact match made the enter key select it.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Yes, this is my first attempt at a search bar (and I haven't really ever used them myself), so do expect problems!

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
If you press Shift or Blue Shift the text in the search bar disappears.
Ack! I guess I need to add additional code to handle the shift keys; I had kinda expected Qt to already deal with the N900's keyboard, but apparently not (or perhaps they give the programmer more control over the input than I had guessed). I really do need to test these things out more...

Also holding the key to get a number on the first digit doesn't work.

Open Pierogi, Select Keyset by Device, Hold 'e'.
The expected outcome is '3'
You know, I'd never even heard of that before. Hmm. Maybe that's something else that Qt expects the programmer to handle manually? I see that it works as you say even on a terminal command line. That's a handy shortcut! Looks like I need to learn a bit more about how the N900's keyboard really works.

Finally is it supposed to be case sensitive?
It currently isn't but I was expecting it to be.
Yeah, I went ahead and specified case-insensitive on the Qt line editor widget. I kind of thought it'd be easier on the user to not have to worry about how keyset names were capitalized. (And I think the Application Manager works this way too, which is pretty much the only example I've currently got to compare against...)

And yeah, I'll fix the problem with the enter key too. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Keep up the work man. It's going to be EPIC.

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control