Hi,
The engineering school I am currently working for organises a contest called "24h of innovation".
The concept is simple: Companies or individuals propose projects of their choice. Then, teams of students or profesionnals work from friday 14h to saturday 14h to find the most innovative solution for the problem of their choice. At the end of the contest, teams present their work and winners are awarded.
If you (or your company) have a R&D project (it would be nice to see meego/maemo projects) you don't have the time to work on, you want to take part on the contest or you want to sponsor the event please visit the official website:
http://www.24h.estia.fr/index.php?lang=en
See you!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onil For This Useful Post:
I would like to port my app to iphone and android and meego of course, but for the sponsoring maybe a dinner and couple of beers if you guys comes around strasbourg!

Well, in fact it is not a development contest. The aim is to propose an innovative solution to the problem (which could include the development of a prototype if the remaining time after creativity and design permits).
An example would be to design an application to solve a common problem like finding people around my location to play basketball after work...
Best regards.