Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Maxilogan

Taking the thread dangerously off topic here (apologies), but try setting the access point on sports tracker on the phone to None in settings. This stops the application from connecting to 3G. I use it, and although the cost is not a problem as I have fixed price data access (1GB a month for £10, 12 euros approx) the battery life when my 6120 is connected to the internet is a concern.

Then just turn it back on to upload. It's a bit of a hack but works for me.

Gary

(gazza_d on sports tracker!)

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Thanks a lot, I'll try it out.

At this moment I have a rechargeable plan (I know it is something quite uncommon outside of italy), planning to subscribe a 30€ / 250 min / 100 SMS / 1GB plan in the next few weeks

By the way, I installed it and I'm sure this will be a great program. The interface is very sleek and elegant, very usable and professional.

Keep up this great work!

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Any updates on this cool software ?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Finland
Hi again everyone,

I have the next release coming up. It's pretty much complete now, but I want first to do some quick testing. I was also requested to do a name change for the project, and I'm waiting for the reply from maemo.org staff about the project name change (it would be a lot less painful that way so that I would not need to apply for a new project, re-enter all information, submit the old releases and redo the svn commits). If it seems to take too long, I might put a release temporarily available on my personal web pages. If I'll do that, I'll let you know.

Cool! Thank you!
Can't wait to test it out.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
but try setting the access point on sports tracker on the phone to None in settings
Worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Cool! Thank you!
Can't wait to test it out.
Yes, me too, even tough I am in Turkey now so it won't be useful until I reach home this weekend..

I also just found out there's a free Java application for my SE K630i.
I am going to test it out too tonight as we're planning a run around the university.

When this'll come out I'll make a comparison between the two apps (unfortunately I can't try out the Nokia's SportsTracker S60 application as well).

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway
Tried the S60 version today, got my new E51 on saturday. Its very nice and works well, my bike odometer and the sports tracker more or less agree. Uploading to google maps worked nicely too (google satellite/earth doesnt cover this area).