Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Flopswap 0.1.5 pushed to extras-devel.
Fixed minor issues pointed out by chill above.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Hi to everyone, got a problem with this app. As soon as I activate swap on the SD, the proximity sensor stops working. Practically Shortcutd goes bonkers. If on the terminal I type "ps aux | grep proximity" it does show up. Done as well a restore trough backupmenu just to be sure that's this app that is causing this. All working until I activate the swap by pressing "Fresh Swap". Any idea on how to solve this issue? I'm on CSSU thumb

The Following User Says Thank You to cdctm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by cdctm View Post
Hi to everyone, got a problem with this app. As soon as I activate swap on the SD, the proximity sensor stops working. Practically Shortcutd goes bonkers. If on the terminal I type "ps aux | grep proximity" it does show up. Done as well a restore trough backupmenu just to be sure that's this app that is causing this. All working until I activate the swap by pressing "Fresh Swap". Any idea on how to solve this issue? I'm on CSSU thumb

I can't see how it's affecting the proximity sensor or shortcutd.
I can't reproduce any issues either on Thumb or Non-thumb.

Are you certain you have checked other software isn't causing this?
Have you only just installed FlopSwap or have you just upgraded?
Which version FlopSwap?
What other applications do you have?
What settings do you have in shortcutd?
Have you setup your swap partitions on the uSD card correctly?
What settings are set in FlopSwap?
What happens if you press Show Current and Check Status?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I can't see how it's affecting the proximity sensor or shortcutd.
I can't reproduce any issues either on Thumb or Non-thumb.

Are you certain you have checked other software isn't causing this?
Have you only just installed FlopSwap or have you just upgraded?
Which version FlopSwap?
What other applications do you have?
What settings do you have in shortcutd?
Have you setup your swap partitions on the uSD card correctly?
What settings are set in FlopSwap?
What happens if you press Show Current and Check Status?
Yes I'm sure that's this application causing it.
I'm using the last release (0.1.5)
I've set in Shortcutd "Proximity sensor short" touch as BackSpace(Browser back) has been like this for ages. The sensor works, but as soon as I activate the Swap stops, indeed while on a phone call the screen goes black instantly.
I've followed your wiki regarding how to setup.
If I hit check status that's the result:
"One Swap space active, 2% of fresh Swap Written"
Show current:
"dev/mmcblk1p2"
In settings I've selected the checkbox "Enable FlopSwap"
Don't know what to do...

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
@cdctm: one thing you did not answer: have you installed flopswap 0.1.5 for the first time and had the problem, or did you have a previous version working fine?

I would guess the former ....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
@cdctm: one thing you did not answer: have you installed flopswap 0.1.5 for the first time and had the problem, or did you have a previous version working fine?

I would guess the former ....
My bad...
Yes, you're right. I had installed 0.1.4 and upgraded this morning to 0.1.5
The uSD works, and jic, this is the model:
"Transcend 16GB Premium microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card"
Typing the following into the terminal makes it working:
Code:
start proximityd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdctm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by cdctm View Post
Yes, you're right. I had installed 0.1.4 and upgraded this morning to 0.1.5
Sorry to be pedantic: so 0.1.4 works just fine?

And once you start it manually, everything is OK?

I think those answers will help narrow it down for the beast...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Sorry to be pedantic: so 0.1.4 works just fine?

And once you start it manually, everything is OK?

I think those answers will help narrow it down for the beast...

No, 0.1.4 does not work.
0.1.5 not working as well
If I disable and re-enable Shortcutd, it doesn't work as well.

Yes if I start it manually, the sensor works as it should.
Hope this helps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdctm For This Useful Post:
I'm also using Flopswap and have slight problems with proximityd. This might be connected or not, I'll let you decide.

In january a user named yrannadx reported in Timenow thread that Timenow stopped working for him after couple of days usage. I noticed the same thing in my system and started to investigate it. I noticed that proximityd stopped working randomly after couple of days uptime for no apparent reason and that caused the Timenow not to work (When screen is blank, Timenow polls proximityd once in two seconds and if it changes from covered to uncovered it show the lockscreen for 5 secs, for example when you take your phone out of pocket). All that was needed to fix it, was "sudo gainroot" and "start proxmityd" and it would work without problems for a couple of days to about a week and then stop again.

I dont know if yrannadx had Flopswap, but I do and I have had it installed for some time now (received at least couple of updated for it through HAM) and I believe that the swaps are set correct, because the software seems to work ok. I could not pinpoint the reason for proximityd stopping and still can't. It could have someting to do with the automatic refreshing of the swap when it gets full after a couple of days usage, but I can't cause the proximityd to stop by manually reswapping or swapping to device/card. Is there anything in the reswapping scripts that might affect proximityd or some other component connected to it. I don't have shortcutd installed.

And again, I'm not sure that my problem has anything to do with problem cdctm is experiencing, but we both have Flopswap installed and have problems with proximityd.

Edit: I'm also on thumb.

Last edited by Kossuth; 2014-03-28 at 05:50. Reason: Thumb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
I'm also using Flopswap and have slight problems with proximityd. This might be connected or not, I'll let you decide.

In january a user named yrannadx reported in Timenow thread that Timenow stopped working for him after couple of days usage. I noticed the same thing in my system and started to investigate it. I noticed that proximityd stopped working randomly after couple of days uptime for no apparent reason and that caused the Timenow not to work (When screen is blank, Timenow polls proximityd once in two seconds and if it changes from covered to uncovered it show the lockscreen for 5 secs, for example when you take your phone out of pocket). All that was needed to fix it, was "sudo gainroot" and "start proxmityd" and it would work without problems for a couple of days to about a week and then stop again.

I dont know if yrannadx had Flopswap, but I do and I have had it installed for some time now (received at least couple of updated for it through HAM) and I believe that the swaps are set correct, because the software seems to work ok. I could not pinpoint the reason for proximityd stopping and still can't. It could have someting to do with the automatic refreshing of the swap when it gets full after a couple of days usage, but I can't cause the proximityd to stop by manually reswapping or swapping to device/card. Is there anything in the reswapping scripts that might affect proximityd or some other component connected to it. I don't have shortcutd installed.

And again, I'm not sure that my problem has anything to do with problem cdctm is experiencing, but we both have Flopswap installed and have problems with proximityd.

Edit: I'm also on thumb.
I was following that thread too. I'm not an active member but I'm addicted to maemo...
Indeed I had installed Timenow the first time that I faced this issue. Then I've restored using backupMenu and it worked perfectly. (Timenow on the backup is not installed)

Don't know if this could help, but after I've removed FlopSwap and before performing a full restore using backupMenu, I made a contacts and settings backup(just to avoid to lose my new phone numbers and texts). As soon as I restore this after reflashing, same problem, it doesn't work. However searching trough the thousand of good advices that I've always found on this site, managed to get it working.
Seems really strange to me. Just need to open the phone, get the uSD out and in... restart the phone and it works! I tought that I was probably getting into the "ghost in the shell" of my N900. To be sure i did it again. Flashed and restored settings and contacts, same problem. Opening the phone and doing the same works.
I love this phone

Last edited by cdctm; 2014-03-28 at 11:20.