Have just converted some vids (via Internet Tablet Video Converter) and would like someone to point me in the direction of how to port from an Intel Mac (mac side) to the n810. Obviously, when i connect the 810, it isnt recognized..... . Interestingly, I should probably try the Intel side of the mac, as it should port to the n810 as My Computer should recognize an external usb drive? Thanks for any help!!

I will also be using a mac to transfer data.

Does Nokia make a program like the one you can use for the N95?

If there are no open files on the memory card, the Internet tablets present the cards as standard USB mass storage devices (supported by any OS from the past decade).

If the cards use the FAT filesystem (which will be the default), any OS will be able to read and write them.

@t-man
I believe that Nokia smartphones (some?...N95) play "well" with macs. I had an N80ie and there was an "Internet suite" for the mac that I used to move all kinds of data from the mac to the N80ie. Unfortunately I am clueless regarding the n810.....

After connecting via USB.....The mesaage that I am getting i "The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer"......This is immediately after turning it on.....The mac cannot read it. Thanks....

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Sounds like a problem with the card I'd say. Both the internal and external memory cards should show up on your Mac as any other USB mass storage devices.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

The Following User Says Thank You to vbrilon For This Useful Post:
That is correct, I have connected both my N800 and N810 to my iMac via USB and any storage just shows up as mounted drives. Then it is a matter of drag and drop to move files.

Make sure you don't have anything open that would be using the SD since the device has to unmount them locally to share as USB storage.

Also make sure the cards are formatted FAT(32), or reformat them just to make sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheWalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Same here, both the built-in and the external miniSD-card from my N810 are visible as the USB storage on my intel mac.