Nokia N810 UMPC Video Converter v2.05 doesn't seem to include the subtitles from the MKV file when converting in AVI even if I check the "Subtitles (.srt)" case and make the .SRT file available separatly.

Any known media converter able to do it? A MKV-to-MKV converter would be good as well.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by Deko View Post
Nokia N810 UMPC Video Converter v2.05
Which converter is this you're talking about?

A MKV-to-MKV converter would be good as well.
Er....what would that actually accomplish?

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

I think he wants to convert a mkv file to a lower resolution mkv. I don't know a converter that will convert mkv to mkv but All to AVI can change mkv to AVI and make a hard subbed version.

I'm currently using this one:
http://www.audua.com/Media_Converter_2/Download.htm

I know, its real name isn't constant and it seems there are numerous apps called "Media Converter".

D'ohboy, what would be the software you are talking about?

It literally is called "alltoavi" it's on sourceforge and you can google it too. It seems like it is only for windows.

Last edited by D'ohboy; 2008-08-22 at 19:05.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Hey Deko;
I use Tablet-encode, which has a way to pass more advanced command line options, but I am sure you can fix the subtitles problem by editing or creating mencoder.conf in the mplayer config directory. I never have to pass a separate subtitles file, but I do have to define a subtitle track id ( sid=0 ) in order for it to realize it should be drawing something.

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post: