Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
I think, if jolla put in VPN, and device-encryption with opensource like truecrypt or veracrypt, put in zrtp and srtp that already exist for linux, than make marketing with secure calls, than this company or Sailfish will run.

By the way the UI before (version 1.x.x) for me it was better. I think Mark Dillon with his "problem" have a lot to do with that.

Iam also lossing hope, for more than 2 years i am waiting with any update to have SIP on my Jolla.

For this issues iám using still my N9 as main phone. Jolla is for playing only

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Does anyone here have competence in CE-certification?
The intex aqua fish will not have a CE-cert, so i suspect Jolla C also will not have one because it is a complex and costly process to apply ce for 1000 devices.

Is a consumer warranty possibly tied to ce-certification?
I mean, if i where Jollas insurance company, i would go wicked and wild if my customer tries to "sell" something that is even illegal to import for consumer access?

Worstcase, a device with exploding battery and some chain reaction can lead to severe claims you better want to have covered by your insurance if you ain't got the petty cash.

I guess we did agree on recieving a non CE device when joining the program.
Has anybody bothered to read the terms and conditions?
I did not find any, a link would be appreciated

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Worstcase, a device with exploding battery and some chain reaction can lead to severe claims you better want to have covered by your insurance if you ain't got the petty cash
Well... that's one way to get rid of the naysayers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
The question is what Jolla trying to achieve here?
Are you being obtuse on purpose? Answer to that you even quote: they are doing what the community asked them to do. Unless of course you need to find conspiracy in whatever they do, then it's even easier, they are out to get your shekels.

they should this, should that, should
Maybe YOU should start a company (or apply to become their CEO), armchair CEOing is kind of a waste. Your business plan of open sourcing what they took over a year to develop, giving them so much leverage in any negotiations with the russians, intex and all, top notch ideas. Then when you fail you'll be able to blame the lazy open source community that didn't bother to work on your code for free (looking at you lipstick/browser, open sourcing fixed all problems here, yup)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Unless of course you need to find conspiracy in whatever they do, then it's even easier, they are out to get your shekels.
I'm only here to acknowledge your usage of the word shekels.

Well that and how the prior so-called open mobile OS offerings are no longer supported. They are: 1) not really all that open and 2) dead as a DC hooker after a convention.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
2) dead as a DC hooker after a convention.
huh, have to confess I have no idea how dead that is?
(and how does a DC hooker differ from an AC hooker...?)

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
huh, have to confess I have no idea how dead that is?
(and how does a DC hooker differ from an AC hooker...?)
Washington DC (District of Columbia), nothing to do with electricity. The "dead hooker" is an oft used disposable sex worker trope utilized in jokes that have included movies and cartoons like Family Guy.

Very American, rather unfunny, but nonetheless often used.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
A phone without CE-cert may not be sold in the EU.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
A phone without CE-cert may not be sold in the EU.
Wow, lucky for us they are not selling a phone then, phew

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Maybe YOU should start a company (or apply to become their CEO), armchair CEOing is kind of a waste. Your business plan of open sourcing what they took over a year to develop, giving them so much leverage in any negotiations with the russians, intex and all, top notch ideas. Then when you fail you'll be able to blame the lazy open source community that didn't bother to work on your code for free (looking at you lipstick/browser, open sourcing fixed all problems here, yup)
Main problem of Jolla is not to be open or closed.
Their main problem is to leverage expectation and then not deliver.
They said "we will open source soon", and nothing comes 2 years later.
They said "the other half comes in lot of colors", but they don't sell them.
They said "we are manufacturing tablet that will be sent next week", and 6 months later they are starting refunds.
They said "Refunds in the first months", and yet some people are not refunded in June.

Each time, they have the choice of what they announce, and they never (that is a shortcut I know) succeed to reach what they chose to say.

At the end, a lot of people have lost faith, and some comments on new things come indirectly from that, and not directly from the news in question. When it becomes an habit (the famous "soon" that we use as a synonym of Jolla), it is difficult to trust what they say about anything, not that we don't want to.

For example, for me the Jolla C doesn't exist. I may recognize its existence when 1000 would be delivered to the consumers as they announced... Before that, it is only one more sentence from Jolla.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os