They could sell N900 stll for a year if Meego would be promised and later would be preinstalled.
Oh well, maybe it is not affordable economically.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I love rank hyperbole. It's almost as useful as sarcasm.
Hyperboyle is funnier.

Originally Posted by crisismt View Post

I agree with ajflex. yes the 290 apps are crappy indeed. I feel like I'm not getting what i paid for.
You paid for the phone, the OS, not any apps. Unlike any other platform, you don't have to pay for (most) apps on Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to FranzDages For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
They could sell N900 stll for a year if Meego would be promised and later would be preinstalled.
Oh well, maybe it is not affordable economically.
You've figured it out, with your last sentence. It's not affordable econimcally. Harmattan/Meego is going be multi-touch capacitative. The N900 is single (or rudimentary multi) with resistive. They could just slap Meego on the N900 without carrying about actual functionality but then they have even more complaints.

While I personally think it's possible, especially if you use a keyboard to take over multi-touch functions, Nokia doesn't see the (financial) return being worth the cost to officially commercially support Meego.

But instead of abandoning N900 users completly, they've said they'll provide support in getting a community version of Meego.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
I don't mean to be provocative, but if Bounce, Open Arena, and Angry Birds are the most "un-crappy" applications for you...

I'll just leave it at that.

(And why do people keep posting stuff like this? There are only a handful of Nokia employees who are regulars here, afaik.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-06-09 at 22:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Minnesota
now if we get 7000+ posts on this thread and then send a link to nokia's CEO. Now that of course would assume that we dont have a ton of junk posts but pleges that we wont develop or purchase a device if Nokia isn't considerate of there community.

My Pledge to never develop for nokia or purchase another nokia device unless they provide meego commercially for the Nokia N900.

Techunit

Anyone would like to see first what this Meego dude can do before we start begging for it .

Sure, from the netbook version. the interface is all fancy. But we are still waiting for the mobile version to see if the fanciness is worth it on there.

From what we've seen. backward compatibleness wasn't so great on Maemo to begin with. so it's a one year product from Nokia. The rest of the work comes from the Peoples of the Maemo! Go Peoples!

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
To my knowledge what was paid for in buying the N900 was the device itself & capabilities, the OS it came with and the included accessories.

As for crappy apps that dont actually come with the device.....Oh dear

That is simply insulting to the many many opensource developers here that do their thing in their freetime and give us the end results for free. Saying that I suspect many wont be insulted by the clowns that kickstart and lemmings that fuel such s#yt posts.

On a serious note why dont some learn & develop some of their own not so crappy free apps ?? Intelligence & skill levels up to the mark or not ?? Now I wonder, hmmmmm

These type of threads should be deleted/closed asap.

Nuff said

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-06-09 at 22:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Astute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
but there not so close thread

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
yeah, if you want OS upgrades and good commercial apps you should go out and buy an Apple or Android phone! Nokia devices are just as competitive without all that unnecessary added value.

Tags
idiot central