Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Let's remember that this the MeeGo 1.0 OS core that is code complete booting up to command line. The MeeGo Handset UX will be released in MeeGo 1.1 in Q4 2010. Development for MeeGo 1.1 Handset UX will start next month with unstable releases.
Which means the OS for N900 looks a bit like this at the moment...

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
I expected the handheld OS would be out this month, oh well...

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
In october we can expect a nice UX.

OP, given the confusion recently over this, please delete your screenshot in the original post...please

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Give us some time and we'll get you good instructions. We have provided a open image and will soon provide a image with closed source blobs (battery charging, 3d acceleration, bluetooth firmware and wifi firmware).

Keep in mind that this does not come with a UX (again) Handset UX is coming out sometime after 1.0 release, so it's just your old fashioned X-terminal. But a 3d accelerated X!
So out of curiosity, will the Clutter lib created for MeeGo utilize the 3D acceleration? Well, assuming clutter is on there, given MeeGo is supposed to be more Qt centric.

I recall reading changelogs for Aisleriot and gnome-games that said that the Maemo 5 version of Aisleriot was not going to be compiled with Clutter support, since the version of Clutter for it did not have 3D acceleration.

Still wondering why I haven't seen aisleriot in the repositories for Maemo5, but that's for another topic...

slaapliedje

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
OP, given the confusion recently over this, please delete your screenshot in the original post...please
You're right, removed it

The Following User Says Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
This release is for Netbook's (GUI wise). If you have a netbook theoretically you could dual boot meego and whatever "other" os you may have.

I tell you one thing, Meego looks very promising for tablets.

Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
Which means the OS for N900 looks a bit like this at the moment...

Where did u get this image ? plz link me to the video

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Keep in mind that this does not come with a UX (again) Handset UX is coming out sometime after 1.0 release, so it's just your old fashioned X-terminal. But a 3d accelerated X!
A 3D accelerated terminal is a must!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to acvetkov For This Useful Post:
No need to just have the Meego UX, community can start to build its own

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post: