Notices

Originally Posted by gddhthrhrhr@yahoo.com View Post
i want a free software,thx
That's a very tall order....

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
That's a very tall order....
or *****ed software is ok too

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "which software can edit word, excel, and ppt?" with three posts has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
*Bump*
Is there a "native Maemo" .xls solution in the works?

If not, is there a detailed description of how to "duel boot" Debian and to install Open Office into Dbian, and how to use Open Office from Maemo through Debian??
Is there a betting line as to whether there will ever be an N900 native .xls program? I'd be willing to pay, I DID pay ~$40 for an app to use MSOffice files on my E90....

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
*Bump*
Is there a "native Maemo" .xls solution in the works?

If not, is there a detailed description of how to "duel boot" Debian and to install Open Office into Dbian, and how to use Open Office from Maemo through Debian??
http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian and http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...sy-deb-chroot/

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
there was a port of gnumeric for Diablo ... it can open xls files

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Yeah, if you don't mind waiting ages for it to start-up before it becomes usable.

Probably sucks the hell out of the battery too!

How realistic will it be to natively "port" gnumeric over to maemo - I know abiword is available but it is still in "testing".

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Yeah, if you don't mind waiting ages for it to start-up before it becomes usable.

Probably sucks the hell out of the battery too!

How realistic will it be to natively "port" gnumeric over to maemo - I know abiword is available but it is still in "testing".
I'm really nervous about Easy Debian. I've lost important phone calls as it is just using the Media Player over BlueTooth. I'm doing that 80% of the time I'm doing other things, so I'm not expecting a second OS to make things run any faster or seamlessly.

I want to be able to show off my N900, not slink back while I re-boot....

I'm considering buying an n900, but some sort of document functionality is very important to me, I need to be able to edit documents as well as just viewing them. I've been all over Google and this forum for the last couple of hours, and I'm still getting conflicting information.

Does the version of Documents to Go pre-installed on the n900 (once paid for and upgraded) allow users to edit documents (i.e. .doc files)? I don't need Excel or anything, just Word. I've seen some people say you can, and others say you can't, so a simple yes or no from people who actually have the phone would be appreciated.

If not, what are the easy alternatives for word processing on the go?

I don't want to have to fuss around with installing other programs just to be able to create documents from my phone when I've been doing it on my e61 and x1 for years. I don't mind making a once-off payment for software so long as it actually works. Cloud computing is a good idea but I don't want to have to be online permanently both because my provider doesn't have a very high data allowance and because I don't want to kill the battery, so Google Docs etc are no use, I want an installable program like I have on my current phone.

Answers appreciated!

Originally Posted by the hamster View Post
I'm considering buying an n900, but some sort of document functionality is very important to me, I need to be able to edit documents as well as just viewing them. I've been all over Google and this forum for the last couple of hours, and I'm still getting conflicting information.

Does the version of Documents to Go pre-installed on the n900 (once paid for and upgraded) allow users to edit documents (i.e. .doc files)? I don't need Excel or anything, just Word. I've seen some people say you can, and others say you can't, so a simple yes or no from people who actually have the phone would be appreciated....
NO.
http://download.dataviz.com/pdf/broc..._Factsheet.pdf

Tags
abiword, application, documents, edit, edit excel, edit powerpoint, edit word, excel, fremantle, gnumeric, maemo, maemo 5, microsoft, office, office applications, open, open excel, open powerpoint, open word, openoffice, openoffice.org, powerpoint, spreadsheet, word