Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Not wanting to clutter the SFOS2 threads any further and as "Sailfish Secure" looks like to become kind of a special branch, lets please have this thread to collect dedicated info and discussion. (Mods please slap me if its a double post or inappropriate)

Since anouncement on MWC 2015, there has not been much update on the coorperation with SSH.com.

Now, my favourite blogger Simo Ruoho from Review Jolla did an exclusive interview with Mika Lauhde, Vice President at SSH Communications Security.

"Sailfish operating system has showed its unparalleled value when it’s been used as the base for the secure mobile operating system" sounds promissing.
Anybody here could possibly explain why exactly?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Given the nature of SSH Communications Security's business and from reading the interview, I gather that their involvement in Sailfish Secure purely relates to secure communications.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Anybody here could possibly explain why exactly?
I'd like to know this too. "Unparalleled" is an odd term to use in the world of F/LOSS.

In the original press release, they mention that it will be based on a "security-hardened version" of Sailfish. This is the part I've found most intriguing but it seems that no information on this has been revealed yet.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, secure, ssh cooperation