Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
try to uninstall patchmanager, remove /vat/lib/patchmanager folder, reboot install latest pm3 and try again. and send me new logs. please make sure (if possible) logs are since device boot.
I know I've already responded to this, but I find it rather amazing that there is no 'patchmanager' folder in /var/lib/* despite patchmanager3 being installed and roughly working - any ideas @coderus?

As you already said; "try uninstall pm3, remove /var/lib/patchmanager, reboot, blah, blah" - I have done this a number of times, still there is no patchmanager folder in /var/lib/* and still my problem with patches not always appearing in PM3's list still exists....?

I'd love to get this fixed so I can come back and continue with my slow progress of learning about SailfishOS, otherwise, it is like walking through 3ft of wet, sticky mud

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
pm3 not using /var/lib/patchmanager folder, it create cache in /tmp
after uninstalling patchmanager you can remove only config from /etc/patchmanager2.conf and /usr/share/patchmanager/patches.
after reboot you should have clear system with no indication of patches

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
pm3 not using /var/lib/patchmanager folder, it create cache in /tmp
after uninstalling patchmanager you can remove only config from /etc/patchmanager2.conf and /usr/share/patchmanager/patches.
after reboot you should have clear system with no indication of patches
Thanks for responding so quickly. I will give it a go and let you know the outcome.

regards,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Okay, pm3 seems more responsive and is largely doing its tasks. Only once I had to select "Unapply patches" to get a particular patch to show, but so far so good.

On a different note, a minor spelling error in PM3 as highlighted;
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Quick question for anyone, (sorry if it's addressed in here somewhere - I don't even really know enough to know what to search for). I always have 'Start as root for... (Filecase, File Browser, Cargo Dock, etc.)' apps by Schturman installed, and I particularly lean heavily on the Filecase root app, which has the best clipboard and multi-select usability, plus an excellent search function. I regularly have to deal with a situation that goes like this: I usually install the 'app' version of 'Start as Root', instead of the 'patch' version, (I think there's both options for all of them), because I have experienced occasional stability issues with patches. But, for some reason, it seems like my app automatically gets replaced with the patch, and stops working. So, I'll install 'Start as Root for Filecase' app, and it installs and works fine, then at some point down the road, after a reboot, my 'Filecase Root' icon is gone, and when I go to Storeman, it shows the app as 'Not Installed' and the patch as 'Installed', but then I go to Patchmanager, and the patch is installed, but when I try to apply it, I get 'Failed to Apply Patch' error. The only solution is to uninstall the patch, then install the app, and then it works again. Not too big of a headache, but is there any way to prevent it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Quick question for anyone, (sorry if it's addressed in here somewhere - I don't even really know enough to know what to search for). I always have 'Start as root for... (Filecase, File Browser, Cargo Dock, etc.)' apps by Schturman installed, and I particularly lean heavily on the Filecase root app, which has the best clipboard and multi-select usability, plus an excellent search function. I regularly have to deal with a situation that goes like this: I usually install the 'app' version of 'Start as Root', instead of the 'patch' version, (I think there's both options for all of them), because I have experienced occasional stability issues with patches. But, for some reason, it seems like my app automatically gets replaced with the patch, and stops working. So, I'll install 'Start as Root for Filecase' app, and it installs and works fine, then at some point down the road, after a reboot, my 'Filecase Root' icon is gone, and when I go to Storeman, it shows the app as 'Not Installed' and the patch as 'Installed', but then I go to Patchmanager, and the patch is installed, but when I try to apply it, I get 'Failed to Apply Patch' error. The only solution is to uninstall the patch, then install the app, and then it works again. Not too big of a headache, but is there any way to prevent it?
the answer is thght there: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2635

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
the answer is thght there: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2635
Thanks - So, (as you said, it's not a Patchmanager issue, so I don't want to go off-topic here; maybe you can put up with one more question), is there something Schturman could change in his repo to make it actually an option, or would it really be better if he just removed the old one?

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Thanks - So, (as you said, it's not a Patchmanager issue, so I don't want to go off-topic here; maybe you can put up with one more question), is there something Schturman could change in his repo to make it actually an option, or would it really be better if he just removed the old one?
My best suggestion - ask Schturman

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
My best suggestion - ask Schturman
done... Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
done... Thanks
Please install new version and try to reproduce your problem. Report on Openrepos.
https://openrepos.net/content/schtur...sroot-filecase

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os