Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
When NokiaUSA, both via phone, live chat and email say end of Sept, then first of Oct, then mid Oct, then end of Oct, now Nov, then finally with Peter saying sometime during Nov, I believe any intelligent person will realize that's an official date, especially when the person telling you actually works for Nokia.
Exactly there were too many mid this or end that, which passed, they should have kept quiet or been instructed to give a proper time frame.

The site STILL says october, nothing to tell the people not reading this that its delayed.

Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
I do not remember first of all there being a firm release date.
I don't think there was ever a firm date, simply "during October". Now it's "during November", a one month shift.....BFD

But that isn't the point.

Perceptions and expectations are everything. Mishandling them is not advisable.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by zico View Post
seriously guys, i thought it was pushed back to mid-November, thats 15 nov. Now im reading 25 nov? is this for real?
Mobile Phones Direct claim to have it CONFIRMED as arriving BEFORE 16th Nov to them. They also said they would get it first in the UK due to being affiliated with Nokia.

Previous to that it was all "we expect by" so hopefully that does mean this is confirmed.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-22 at 19:09.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Love the comments about "growing up" and "maturity".

On the topic of maturity, I'm surprised that this thread has made it to almost 550 posts without any lego bestiality pics. Things are looking up!
Okay that's a different thread in a different mind state...

We were all going a little insane, and I'm sure if I did a little research I could find some insane from you also.

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I find myself reflecting that if "WE Are Maemo", Maemo has a bit of a problem.
I find myself reflecting that all those "we are blah" slogans are utter bollocks

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I am not complaining. I want the phone to be released when it is ready.

However when I pre-ordered in September I chatted with a NokiaUSA representative who said that it would be shipped by the end of September. Then in October I had the same chat with two more NokiaUSA reps saying it would be shipped by the end of October. Nokia has not managed my expectations well.
I see your point. I think it would behoove Nokia to give some sort of small compensation to those who ordered their devices early on (I don't know what date would be appropriate) with the expectation that it would be released sooner than it has. I don't know, an extra battery maybe?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
it is completely logic that such a device is not shipping at the first set date.

if you go back in time the scheduled release was somewhere thought to be august or even july.

and if some people here actually had anticipated something before in their lifes they'd really badly wanted to see released very soon they wouldve known this delay is normal.

the more complex something is the longer the delay is between announcement etc.

f.e. an extreme thing, the freedom ship was a project from the 90's or maybe earlier. it has been delayed a million times and they havnt started building anything on it either. that is like the most extreme possible example to give here but it sure makes a point.
the positive thing about this is that you can come to the realisation that this is a much more complex device than any other phone on the market right now. which is good. if you think about it.

maybe i am wrong but i say at least 50% of the people here talking about it hyping it etc won't even use it 60% to its max capability's.

i thought this whole thread was a joke and i had some irritating people surrounding me when i got myself 'commited' to this thread because they jammed my brains all the time so i had to find a way to scr3w around a little. but now that's over and i actually don't know what i'm doing here still.

nobody cares about this bullcr4p anyway probably. and i hate teaching so i hope nobody learns anything from this but who cares anyway. let's jerk 0ff and play flash games 6 hrs a day already.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Mobile Phones Direct claim to have it CONFIRMED as arriving BEFORE 16th Nov to them. But they also quite cleared said they would get it first in the UK due to being affiliated with Nokia.
Yeah they called my Johnson. My Johnson told then Nov 16. So there ya go. Who would believe any date at this point? Even from my Johnson!

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
I see your point. I think it would behoove Nokia to give some sort of small compensation to those who ordered their devices early on (I don't know what date would be appropriate) with the expectation that it would be released sooner than it has. I don't know, an extra battery maybe?
Should they give me something for selling my current smartphone to make sure I had enough money mid-October?

I really do not see how that could work as there would always be someone left saying "hey, I did xxxx on the condition I would get the phone on yyyy".

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Yeah they called my Johnson. My Johnson told then Nov 16. So there ya go. Who would believe any date at this point? Even from my Johnson!
Oh I dunno, maybe because someone from marketing actually came on the forum this time and confirmed it. Sure they didn't say 16th, but I think they are just playing it safe after all the outrage.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-22 at 19:14.

Originally Posted by Moley View Post
"Oooh, get you James Bond" (to be said in a derisory camp voice for best effect)
i guess u could say that

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda