Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Re speakers: yeah, it is not pleasant. I have had it once in a while (volume increased for some unknown reason, maybe accidental vol + pushing?) but have not yet seen any degradation on XZ2. So, should be OK

Re reboots: no comment, can't tell why

Re presage: English is there and available. French & Dutch - needs someone to make them

Re limited apps: strange, I have noson available. try to logout and login back. if it will not help, file an issue at the official forum

Re Lighthouse: I have 0%, but 27C. Could be Lighthouse bug as it works correctly in collectd/systemdatascope

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
The Jolla store is missing plenty of apps for some reason... Can't find the Noson app for example. The list of apps or new apps is very small as opposed to the huge list in the X Compact. Is that the price (free) to pay for a port instead of a Licensed (paid) phone? I had a look in my Jolla account and saw that I had all the official phones and a few more ported ones since the beginning of Jolla.
Same for me - only about 30 apps total. I assumed also something to do with it being an unofficial port, since it never happened on my X or XA2..

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Same for me - only about 30 apps total. I assumed also something to do with it being an unofficial port, since it never happened on my X or XA2..
Have you tried to logout/login from Jolla Store? If it doesn't help, please file an issue at official forum. Just don't forget to tell your specific device model. It could be Store bug or unregistered device model (we have 6 variants under Tama)

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
I hope someone will make a presage version of the French and English and Dutch keyboards because I had a read and am still not sure what to do or where to find the needed pieces to create such a keyboard with prediction. It certainly needs another good read.
Just find French and Dutch text corpuses and ask martonmiklos for help with generating text prediction for this languages.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Have you tried to logout/login from Jolla Store? If it doesn't help, please file an issue at official forum. Just don't forget to tell your specific device model. It could be Store bug or unregistered device model (we have 6 variants under Tama)
Reported..

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
on xz3 i have full access to store apps, excluding the restricted license ones.

For ports, we have to request official access to the store. Looks like it was not requested for this model, as I have to ask to check "ssu s" response from the owners. As you were the first users with that model, it was not registered.

Confusingly, it lets you access crippled store for some reason

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Confusingly, it lets you access crippled store for some reason
During the first boot you can login with your Jolla account. I tried and it did not succeed and got a "network error" message in return. After setting the system to my liking I tried again to login with my username and it accepted it but with a limited offer in the Store. Thinking it might have been a bad installation issue I reset the phone and had the exact same behaviour upon retry.

On another subject I have to say that I really regret the camera on the Android system as the focus in Sailfish is not working. Even the licensed versions don't work properly. I can tell I had all the official Jolla phones and stopped at the XA2 Plus because I don't want a tablet in my pocket.

Do you guys go through the day because my phone battery drains at light speed which was not the case in Android. I sync mails and calendar manually. Could it have to do with my 4000 photos on an SDcard?

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Re battery: maybe it is indexing them? I can usually go 2 days (or just below it) without charging, mail sync once in 5-15 min (depending on account).

Re camera: there is hope to improve it when we switch to AOSP10. Before that, it is as bad as AOSP9 is. Perfectly reproduced.

Re Jolla Store: device type is not registered yet.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
[QUOTE=rinigus;1570053]Re battery: maybe it is indexing them? I can usually go 2 days (or just below it) without charging, mail sync once in 5-15 min (depending on account).

Indexing it will be. There is no reason you could have more than a day and my phone wouldn't.

Re camera: there is hope to improve it when we switch to AOSP10. Before that, it is as bad as AOSP9 is. Perfectly reproduced.

On the positive note it can only get better ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post: