Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I have some minor problems since Rokua with switching from landscape to portrait modus (Pro¹) on the home screen.

Very often the tile are still in the same constellation, after rotating the device to portrait. So I can only see those which are on the left side the rest is hidden. Because they ar not rearranged. I have to do some action on the home screen and than they rearrange like they should. This happens not always but quite often.

I don't know if it has to do that I used the patch Force cover size before, which isn't working on Rokua anymore.

Anyone else recognized this behaviour?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Can confirm! Tiles stay in previous orientation sometimes and overlap on the sides also for me.
Frequency is not more than once or twice a day for me tho.
I did not use any patch but the recommended sed command from wiki:
Code:
sed -e "s/return allowed/return Orientation.All/" -i  /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/Page.qml
EDIT,
since this is the general Rokua thread i might add that Fellfrosch and me have this on Pro¹.
Or did you check on XA2 also?
Is this the same Pichlo reported before reflashing?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I don't usually leave things open so I had not seen that problem before. So I just tried opening loads of things on the Pro1 and I couldn't get it to misbehave at all in a few minutes of testing. Up to 12 tiles they all rotate and reorganise when I rotate the phone. With 13 they don't fit on the screen anymore and I have to swipe to see them all, but they still rotate and reorganise as expected.

My rotation is locked to only portrait and landscape, not all four directions, I don't have any patches installed with patchmanager though.

I will leave a few things open and keep an eye on them

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Can confirm! Tiles stay in previous orientation sometimes and overlap on the sides also for me.
Frequency is not more than once or twice a day for me tho.
I did not use any patch but the recommended sed command from wiki:
Code:
sed -e "s/return allowed/return Orientation.All/" -i  /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/Page.qml
EDIT,
since this is the general Rokua thread i might add that Fellfrosch and me have this on Pro¹.
Or did you check on XA2 also?
Is this the same Pichlo reported before reflashing?
That could be related to the hwkbd orientation on Pro because I have not seen the issue on X.

Edit: I was thinking of icons, not tiles... On my device tiles never ever rotate.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Yes, seem to be at least somehow related to homescreen landscape orientation or automatic switching to it.
On Pro¹ it just might be frequently discovered since the device makes most sense to use in Landscape?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I've only found one way to trigger the behaviour that Fellfrosch described - and that is to put the device to sleep in one orientation, then wake it in the other. Whatever process drives the rotation at wakeup doesn't trigger the tiles to reorganise themselves.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
3.3.0.14 (Rokua) was released yesterday. The first impressions: nothing changed, except on my Jolla which gave me a scare of mt life with this:

So I wiped the phone clean on Friday and reloaded all the updates (about a dozen of them) and hey presto, it's fixed now! Yaaay!

Sadly, it did not fix the distorted sound when making a call. It must be a hardware fault since it sounds OK through my car's Bluetooth. Unfortunately, I left my fancy screwdriver set at work before the lockdown so it has to wait

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Is it just me or have other people also have problem receiving MMS?

It may be another Schroedinbug as I never used them before but my daughter recently started sending me a bunch of MMSes for some reason. One a few months ago arrived but the three she sent today did not. They all just hang in there like this:

Name:  Screenshot_20200430_001.png
Views: 223
Size:  288.9 KB

The fact that the one a few months ago arrived makes me feel that it is perhaps not something to do with my network, but... who knows?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
@pichlo first check if your mms config is ok, maybe your provider changed something.

second try to debug using this https://openrepos.net/content/slava/mms-logger

I can download mmses on my jolla 1

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
^^^ Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I scoured the web, found about 200 pages all saying the same, hanged the settings accordingly, rebooted... nothing.
Then I noticed the MMS settings have a menu! With a single menu entry, "Reset to default". That did the trick.

The problem must have been introduced when I wiped the device and perhaps did not restore it properly. But it works now, thanks to YOU!

(Now I have only one problem left, "File type 'audio/AMR' is not supported". But I can live with that )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: