I'm considering a 770 for work on the road when a laptop is not available. Most of the apps I need are already available for the 770, but I would like to know whether anyone has tried using the built-in Opera browser and/or Minimo with the following Google apps:
* Writely
* Google Spreadsheets
* Google Notebook
* Google Calendar
The goal is not to use these as replacements for traditional Office suites, but rather as vehicles for collaboration.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Opera doesn't work with those online apps (there is a boringly complicated explanation, but the bottom line is: Forget it).

Minimo probably would, were it not for the simple fact that Minimo can't exactly be called a usable application at this stage. It tends to crash when looked at from the wrong angle.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
I haven't done any testing on Google Spreadsheets on the 770, but there's a workaround for Google Calendar, and Google Notebook kind of works. I had no success editing notes and deleting them, but everything else works well enough. If you just need it to read web clips or keep temporary bookmarks it's fine. As for Google Calendar, if you go into your calender's settings you can use the HTML link to display the calender. It's a hack, but it works for me.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Karel,

Thanks for the info - I was afraid that might be the case. I've been testing Minimo on Windows Mobile 5, and results (and stability) have varied greatly according to the particular build.

=DC=,

Many thanks for the workarounds! Those certainly would bring the two apps (Notebook and Calendar) to a tolerable level of usability while the bugs in Minimo are worked out.

Here's hoping someone else has figured out workarounds for Writely and Spreadsheets...