Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by arifsaha View Post
Do you know if the leather case's screen cover hard enough to reduce / spread pressure on it?
Not sure, maybe.

Well, this my second smart phones that have fractured screen, and I only have 2 smart phones so far. :-(
I see, it sounds like you're the clumsy type

Well, pouch will be a separate stuff and I am forgetful enough that I think I will likely forgot the pouch from time to time. Furthermore the pouch will not protect the phone if it slip out from my hand when I am using it. Considering my trend of breaking smart phone's screen, I think I need all the protection I can get. :-) As long as the phone still usable, that is.
If I recall correctly....
There's a user in this thread who modified his otterbox, so that he can clip it onto his belt etc.
I'll do something similar, I don't like putting it in my pockets, because with the case it's quite large.

Last edited by jalyst; 2010-12-06 at 06:50.

Originally Posted by 009N View Post
Another question about the skins. Is it a concern of overheating when the phone is OCed?
Good point RE some of the TRUE skins...
They may result in less heat being able to dissipate.
Whether that has a real world impact, I'm not sure.

Could you guys a recommend a decent and inexpensive rubber type case to protect the N900 from drops while in use (no magnets)?

Last edited by davetech; 2010-12-11 at 20:34.

I took my N900 to my local Tesco and sized it up with a few phone cases which led me to the camera bag section and discovered that the Technika Black Digital camera case is ideal for my N900. I've found this carry case fits perfect for an "N900 + Otterbox protector". Since I've been using my N900 mainly as a portable computer, I don't use the phone much on my N900 so if you use your N900 as a phone mainly then this probably isn't for you.

It's intended for digital cameras but I use it to store my N900. There's an internal pocket and a pocket on the outside. The outside pocket, I use to store a spare battery for the N900 and a nokia BH-214 bluetooth headset controller. The inside pocket I use to store spare stylus and a spare microsd card.
The inside is orange material and is fully padded. So I'm certain if I dropped this with my N900 inside, I would be quite confident that it is safely cushioned. Not only that, but I think the bag looks quite cool on the outside as well as inside.

Links:

Technika Black Digital cam case TNCBSS10
Technika BLUE Digital cam case TCBSS10
It's £7.97 in the UK at the moment which I thought was good value.

Last edited by suzuka; 2011-01-06 at 19:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to suzuka For This Useful Post:
nice pouch find, thanks for sharing.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
full zagg screen protector on sale at £9.99 with free delivery:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...D/Product.html

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
If anybody is thinking of getting a Proporta screen protector then think again!
Mine was far from clear, it was easily visable and made the n900 screen look really blurry. When I removed it the screen was left slightly sticky.

I am probably going to buy the Zagg from Play.com

Originally Posted by jackdoor View Post
If anybody is thinking of getting a Proporta screen protector then think again!
Mine was far from clear, it was easily visable and made the n900 screen look really blurry. When I removed it the screen was left slightly sticky.

I am probably going to buy the Zagg from Play.com
Did you buy the Zagg protector from play.com? Please provide some info on it if you bought it.

I am thinking of buying one too. I ve tried the 2 part hard rubber (hybrid) protector but it seems to damage the body (kind of rubbed marks appeared) maybe due to dust getting stuck in between it and the phone itself.

Got it on ebay (simlar to one on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...660#post418660)

Originally Posted by ruwsoft View Post
Did you buy the Zagg protector from play.com? Please provide some info on it if you bought it.

I am thinking of buying one too. I ve tried the 2 part hard rubber (hybrid) protector but it seems to damage the body (kind of rubbed marks appeared) maybe due to dust getting stuck in between it and the phone itself.

Got it on ebay (simlar to one on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...660#post418660)
Yes I bought the Zagg full body protector and its brilliant, well worth the money. The screen protection is barley visable and does a great job of protecting the screen, even covering up old scratches. The back part is not noticable but does make the n900 look shiny, in my opinion this does not make the phone look worse.

Applying the protector can be quite tricky as it is a very tight fit, especially the back section. The protector covors most of the phone, other than the side with the headphone socket and locker slider.

I used to avoid using the stylus on the screen because of scratching but now I can use pretty much anything on it without a mark. Highly recommended.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackdoor For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info!

My main concern is how to protect the bezel around the screen..

One idea was to put the zagg protector on the body and use the hybrid cover on top of it, but then still wouldn't get any protection for the bezel.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector