Notices

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Train, aeroplane, helicopter, wind surfing, boat, ...
Maybe at least "Other". Now I am using "running" for all misc. stuff.

IMO it is useless to mention Qt in every program's name where Qt is used. It should be irrelevant for the user what libraries has been used.
I'm on same boat here, no need to add qt in the application name. Maybe just name it to eCoach 2.0 and Other profile would be nice to have.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mve For This Useful Post:
I'm just beginning to use eCoach. Am I correct in assuming that height and weight must be entered in metric even if the diplay unit is set to imperial (that it isn't somehow a glitch that it asks me to enter metric info even though it offers to set the display units in imperial)?

Last edited by davetech; 2010-06-03 at 18:38.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Train, aeroplane, helicopter, wind surfing, boat, ...
Maybe at least "Other". Now I am using "running" for all misc. stuff.
Yeah, that would be nice. I guess many people use it also to record routes with non-sports activities such as driving a car or a motorcycle.

IMO it is useless to mention Qt in every program's name where Qt is used. It should be irrelevant for the user what libraries has been used.
Agreed.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mve View Post
I'm on same boat here, no need to add qt in the application name. Maybe just name it to eCoach 2.0 and Other profile would be nice to have.
Okay. Agreed. If renaming is not needed keep eCoach.

Originally Posted by davetech View Post
I'm just beginning to use eCoach. Am I correct in assuming that height and weight must be entered in metric even if the diplay unit is set to imperial (that it isn't somehow a glitch that it asks me to enter metric info even though it offers to set the display units in imperial)?
Anyone? It's a quick question, right?

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by davetech View Post
Yeah currently you can enter that info only in metric values.

Hi!
When you connect the Zephyr pulseband and go for a run, is it possible for e-coach to make a signal when you for example exceeds a specified value on the pulse? If it isn´t, is it possible in a future update? That feature would be very appriciated by those who make pulseexercise.

The Following User Says Thank You to glx For This Useful Post:
Having now become quite additcted to eCoach while cycling I thought I'd drop a HUGE thanks for the app - been something I'd always wanted but never had to cash to buy a dedicated cycling GPS system. And I also thought I'd share this site with you (no Idea if this has been mentined before in this thread) http://utrack.crempa.net/ - here you can load up your .gpx from eCoach and produce a .pdf of your training data, speed, elevation, distance, maps etc.. very good fun!
Now if only I could work out how to correct for the elevation offset in the GPS data....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigTony For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
Btw. What would be good name for the Qt eCoach? qCoach eCoachQt, CuteCoach, QtCoach or what?
eCoach is the main name of the program and right now you have situation weher you two entities of same app. Just with different framework.

So do you want that these programs show one after another in different lists? Then you should start name eCoach and add something to end like:

eCoach_Qt, eCoach-Qt,eCoach(Qt)

In the end it´s just something that you probably have to do but I think that having two version of app just confuses end user. Qt doesn't tell anything to most living begins and just scrambles name in traditional FOSS way

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
The question is, will Qt eCoach be the successor of the old eCoach or is your plan to continue booth versions?

If it is the successor, then renaming is not necessary. It's simply only version 2.0 of eCoach. And eCoach 1.x is not continued in development.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post: