Hi all,

I am sad to say that I am putting up my beloved N900 for sale. It has been my favorite phone that I've ever owned because, as we all know, it's basically a handheld laptop that can make phone calls. There's no other phone on the planet like it (I have searched extensively!). I've used this as a media player (SiB/Mplayer/media player codecs), web browser (best on the planet, bar none, and opera ain't too shabby either), video game emulator (game gripper!), GPS router, PDF reader, Ebook reader, office document writer, and so much more. I mean seriously, it's quite ridiculous all the things this little phone can do.

It was purchased back in January 2010 from Dell for $460. I am the sole and original owner.

The USB port became a little loose last night. It hasn't broken off, it's just that inserting the cable/charger does not stick as tight as it should. As such, in order to use the USB as intended, you have to insert the cable and apply a slight downward pressure. I basically just watch a tv show on the phone while I hold the cable in order to charge. Otherwise, it is great condition. There are no major dings or scratches and I've always babied it as much as I could.

I would like to sell this for $150 shipped within the US. It includes the original box and cables. Please PM me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by davetech; 2011-04-20 at 19:29.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
can you provide pictures of it?

One thing that happened to me in that same situation was that the pins of the charger were actually loose. Is it loose with both the usb charger and usb cable?

Well, looks like the USB port is on its way to loosening further as I can't seem to consistently charge it. That being the case, I'll most likely have to purchase an external charger in order to delete my personal files. :| As such, just PM me offers and I'll go with the best offer when I get it charged again. I'll have pics up shortly. So far, one offer of $100+shipping.

EDIT: I found my old 5800 XM which uses the same BL-5J and for which I still have the charger! Haha. Good thing I haven't sold it I guess. Okay, I'll go ahead and delete my files, post some pics, and go with the best offer probably up until the weekend so I can ship next week.

Also available:

Black PDAir Aluminum Case for N900 (just bought this a month ago!) $25 shipped

Game Gripper for N900 (SNES keys, just bought this 1 week ago!) $17 shipped

Last edited by davetech; 2011-04-22 at 02:37.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
so regarding the USB port, you mentioned it can't charge like normal, however how is it in reading data via USB? like if you were tn transfer data from your PC to the phone, is that not possible because of the looseness?

Correct. You'd basically have to set up an FTP (Winscp, etc) on your home wireless network or transfer over bluetooth.

My pm system is not working yet. $125.00 for the N900.
Thanks..

Yeah, I didn't get a PM. I have another member that offered $125 before you so he's in front of the line. I'll post pics tomorrow as I've been getting off work rather late this past week.

Condolences bro.

Hey guys, just a minor update. My new job has me running around all over the place going to different locations and I haven't had much time to get around to moving things over from the N900 to a different phone. As such, I'm going to hold onto it a while, hopefully by the end of this month at worst. I'll update this thread when it becomes available. Sorry about the inconvenience!