Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I just got my 64GB from Amazon.de. Made in Finland. Is that where all N9s are currently being manufactured? What about in the future?

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
IIRC they're made in Finland for the european market and in China for the rest of the world (or something like that).
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
IIRC they're made in Finland for the european market and in China for the rest of the world (or something like that).
Yes, that was already the same with the N8... Made in Finland for Europe and Made in China for RoW...

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
as mece said, the factory in Salo (Finland) makes N9. Don't know if that's the only place though.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
if this is true, are the finland made ones better quality?

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
if this is true, are the finland made ones better quality?
I believe in companies such as Nokia, the quality standards/practices and methodologies are uniformed and consistent across the board, no matter where the factory is. Shouldn't be an issue.
However I have gathered that due to climatic conditions in Finland (being cold), manufacturing defects MAY happen if a product is primarily used in warmer climates. Expansion and contraction of elements and that kinda stuff

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
mines made in china, quality is top notch, no bright spots on my screen