Notices

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by 1337INT13H View Post
If ver 46 is stable & has it gone through extras-testing, extras - quality assurance process??
It hasn't. It has however been through the vi_ Switch_ quality assurance process and is quality assured to assure quality and responsiveness to assured quality assurance.

Do us all a favour though, after you grab v46 from -devel disable -devel before it all goes horriblytitsup.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
EASY MODE:

Add development repository.

Ignore all those boring *** warnings.

Find power kernel in application manager and install that ****.

Reboot.

Read this mutha.

Job done.
Those warnings are just to scare of nubes so we don't have to spend all day trying to explain what xterm is. Sure some programs are unfinished in dev, just pay attention to your N900 HP bar and you will be fine.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-04-06 at 15:41.

I know what you mean! disable -devel after so that i don't go searching for new apps & end up download any other in testing unfinished unstable apps right which might brick my phone

HP bar??

Last edited by 1337INT13H; 2011-04-06 at 16:19.

First time I searched & marke package for install it was reading dependencies & said 3 packages to install but their was an eror with packages out of date or dpck or somethying. Using Faster Application manager their were errors:-

Now when I download it again. It says

1 to install/upgrade, 0 to remove
total download size: 164KB

INSTALL/UPGRADE:
Kernel-power-flasher 2.6.28-maemo46 (164KB)

Is that the correct package to install?

Last edited by 1337INT13H; 2011-04-06 at 17:30.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
INSTALL/UPGRADE:
Kernel-power-flasher 2.6.28-maemo46 (164KB)

Is that the correct package to install?
I would avoid using fap or app manager for installing power kernel. Load up an xterm and type in the following:

Code:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install kernel-power kernel-power-modules kernel-power-settings kernel-power-flasher
That should get all the things you need. If you get an error after typing root, use appmanager to install rootsh first.

Keep in mind, once the flasher has done it's thing, you will need to reboot to use the new kernel. No way around that part.

hello woody

How do I get a new line without pressing enter key in xterm?

Doesn't work if I type apt-get update I get this reponse "Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored or old ones used instead." Then I get "You may need to run apt-get update to correct these problems" But that is exactly what I already have done?

I also get this from typing root / "root is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported"

Last edited by 1337INT13H; 2011-04-06 at 18:52.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
hello woody

How do I get a new line without pressing enter key in xterm?
You *must* press enter after each line - they're 4 separate commands.

jedi if I press root then enter. I have entered one command it is done. Then I enter command two apt-get update press enter I get this error ""Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored or old ones used instead." Then I get "You may need to run apt-get update to correct these problems"

Yes it went well up until entering the long command. then after this

reading package lists done
bulding dependancy tree done
reading state information done
kernel-power is already the newest version.
kernel-power-modules is already the newest version
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation oor if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependancies:
kernel-power-flasher: Predepends: kernel-power (= 2.6.28-maemo42) but 2.6.28-maemo46 is to be installed Predepends: kernel-power-modules (=2.6.28-maemo42) but 2.6.28-maemo46 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

So what do I do now?