Active Topics

i run several stores that sell the n900 and accessories. basic generic orders for screen protectors, about $1 US (My price). so i applied this generic mirrored protector and actually applied great(thick material). no scratches, cleans w one swipe, screen visibility excellent but HORRIBLE under the sunlight. i dont have the manufacturer name but i guess im just posting because im amazed you guys have broke it down to a science. lol kudos

The Following User Says Thank You to lamb88ert For This Useful Post:
I go through a lot of screen/entire body protectors on a lot of devices. I've used the following on the N900 and landed on a combo zagg invisible shield for the case and Clarivue for the screen. I tend to throw mine on tables, dashboard, in jacket pockets with keys so yes, the N900 plastic (and other devices) will scratch when you do this so I prefer case protection. The zagg is glossier than the matte finish, but doesn't look bad imo and protects it nicely if I need to return/sell it..

Lexerd: This one I haven't used before, but was one of the first available for N900. I always order two screen protectors: 1 for practice. Both were not aligned well: if you center on screen, cutouts were far off both horizontally and vertically. Both don't 'seal' on edges - partially raised on external and cutout edges. I don't recall seeing this on any other before. It does have a great look and feel. If it weren't for the raised edges, you could hardly tell it is there- cleaned, it is like a new phone out of the box. Application is very easy, BUT the adhesive attracts dust from the air like no other - the smallest, itsy piece of particle you can't even see is guaranteed to get on adhesive side. I ordered another twin-pack to see if alignment or edges would improve since I really liked. Same thing.

Zagg Invisible Shield: I've used this on a lot of devices. Like people say, the screen protector is 'rubbery' feeling. IMO, it is not ideal and does irritate me at times, especially with a stylus. I now primarily use these for body protection, but am paranoid of scratching the screen. Body installation has always been easy and no problem on N900. Not ideally cut, but it's the case so close enough. I have always had less trouble w/body, incl. no probs w/air bubbles, than the screen. Screen is a royal pain in the arse. Requires a ton of patience, very steady hand, bright lights and, ideally, latex gloves unless you want fingerprints (I don't care what zagg says about just keeping moist). I have yet to install one on the N900 that I get aligned right (I've had 3 so far) - one edge or another gets pushed against the raised rim. Two of the three got stretched during application. I admit, my dexterity isn't awesome and I do get impatient after the 3rd or 4th line-up attempt. If I am only looking at one screen with the zagg, I'll think "that looks perfectly fine." When I look at one of my others using nothing, a Clarivue or another brand that is a stiffer ultra-clear type, then I can see why not everyone likes the Zagg. It is noticeable and has texture (hold it at an angle - I've never not had texture on N900 or other devices). Great protection though and should be - just a little thinner than the protective clear stuff they put on the front of my car to prevent rock pits, under door handles to prevent ring scratches, on front of side mirrors, on side mirrors themselves, etc. and so far it's been great for that too - if you've owned a black car or ten, you know what I'm talking about. Good enough for a $__ car, good enough for a $700 phone.

So now I'm using a Clarivue anti-static clear for the screen/zagg for the case. Nothing to say about the Clarivue other than it just works, looks great, glides nicely - same as always.

I haven't tried it, but I suspect if you want the best of Zagg-style protection and glide of a Clarivue, you can use both. May prevent a few kinetic scrolling mistakes :-) (a benefit of the Zagg).

The Following User Says Thank You to hex900 For This Useful Post:
I bought a clarivue screen protector for my n900 and was able to get on the n900. The problem is that the clarivue screen protector doesn't have cut for the promixity sensor and the front facing camera. Will this cause problems for me?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by libaax View Post
I bought a clarivue screen protector for my n900 and was able to get on the n900. The problem is that the clarivue screen protector doesn't have cut for the promixity sensor and the front facing camera. Will this cause problems for me?
It shouldn't do, no. All that you're doing is adding an extra layer of transparent plastic, so neither of them should be (measurably) affected. Quite a few of the other available screen protectors are missing some of the cutouts as well.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I use a ScreenPatronus protector. It has all the cut outs except for the sensor for ambient brightness. A very tough protector it has the fault of not adhering well about 1 mm along the edges. This aside, I am quite happy with it. It is a tight fit and you will need to be very precise in placing it. The cutouts are generous but the protector is very close to being a full screen, bezel to bezel fit.

Sent from my N900 via my neighbor's unprotected wifi network

Anyone try this one from Accessory Export?
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Crysta...f=pd_sim_cps_2

folks, i'm looking for a replacement screen protector for my n900. i bought the n900 used so it came with a protector and now it's time to change it. i don't know what the previous owner put onto the n900 (didn't ask).

i like the what is on my n900 now. it's clear and it is not soft or rubbery. the most important thing for me is it covers everything except for the front speaker opening.

does anyone know which screen protector would fit my requirements?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I had a Zagg Invisibleshield, but it got slightly detached from a corner and began accumulating dirt under the protector, so I had to remove it after about 4-5 months.

Now I have some super-cheapo (something like 6-8 for the price of a Zagg display-only protector) protectors, I think they are made by Celly.

Celly vs Zagg:
+The Celly has a hard and slippery surface, unlike the Zagg. This makes swiping movements much more pleasant.
-The Celly is clearly thicker, and as such easier to install and feels really sturdy. Unfortunately a thick protector on a resistive touch screen does noticeably degrade touch screen responsivity.
-The Celly is completely hopeless when it comes to resisting fingerprints in any way. Even right after wiping it, it looks greasy.
-These stick to the screen REALLY hard. Some unfortunate soul claimed to have ripped the display off the device while attempting to remove the protector (some protector, hah), but I'd say that's more likely the result of someone just grabbing to protector and trying to pull it straight off the display, instead of gently and in the right direction.

Long story short;
I won't buy either of these again.
I'll be looking for a thin (touch responsiveness), yet hard (ease of install and use) protector with minimal surface friction.

I got my hands on this pretty hyped screen protector. It's the easiest to install so far and has the best value as well. I've written a short review here with some pics at Nokia N900 screen protector.

The Following User Says Thank You to di1in For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
that's what i got but this used to be made by zagg, & i see no mention of that in your review?

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: