Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Darken View Post
I would like to take advantage of maemo gui and crate nit-env-hildon or something like that... all stuff should be free, maybe expect microb browser (but we should be able to use fennec soon).

We will have the best from all. Nice working gui from maemo project and lot of libs and software repositories.
Here's a bit of stuff from the looney-bin of my mind, :

As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Okay. So instead of the old-time Bluetooth DUN i looked a bit into Bluetooth PAN. And it turns out it's actually a lot easier than Bluetooth DUN.

From a root terminal:
0. apt-get install bluez-gnome, edit /etc/xdg/autostart/bluetooth-applet.desktop to show in LXDE as well (if you use nit-env-lxde)
1. reboot.

2. Find the BDADDR of your phone with a hcitool scan
3. Set up the BNET link with pand –connect <BDADDR> –service NAP
3a. It will probably ask you for PIN/Pairing around this point.
4. Set up TCP/IP networking with the DHCP client of your choice, such as dhclient bnep0

Can some of you Deblet users try it out and tell me if it works for their phones or not, and what models/providers?

You can kill the connection with pand --kill <BDADDR> again.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2008-10-11 at 20:03.

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread yet or not, but USB networking is as easy as plugging the cable into the N8x0 and another box, then doing a:

modprobe usbnet
ifconfig usb0 up 192.168.2.3

The IP address may be wrong there, but that's all I had to do (aside from allowing communication through my box's firewall).

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Is there already a working DUN in deblet? If not, i have a working solution. Is the goal to use mobile phones for internet connection?

I am so in love with my deblet! Thanks guys great work!

I am just a noob, but if there is anything i can do for the deblet i will surely try!

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Is there already a working DUN in deblet? If not, i have a working solution. Is the goal to use mobile phones for internet connection?

I am so in love with my deblet! Thanks guys great work!

I am just a noob, but if there is anything i can do for the deblet i will surely try!
Does the chat-based Bt-DUN described in linux.fi -wiki work? If so translate the solution here. If you need help with the translation I can help you.

I haven't had a broadband connection since my diablo-update, and that's why haven't been able to test-drive that solution myself.

@Pellervo Kässi
Ohje millä mä sain toimiin on http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Matkapuhelin_modeemina
Eli varmaankin ihan sama juttu kun linux.fi:ssä. Kiitos jos autat, en osaa englantia kunnolla

I also know a way to make tablet to share internet connection to mobile phone if needed

So, i will write the DUN how-to, do i start a new thread?

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
So, i will write the DUN how-to, do i start a new thread?
Or just design it in a wiki format or prod me for edit rights to the deblet wiki :P

I dont know what is wiki format, maybe thats why my arcticle in itt wiki about bluetooth internet linux -> tablet looks terrible... But i will start woking with this, when i get home. I is math lesson right now. (being student sucks)

So here is plain how-to, you can edit and add it to wikis.
Attached Files
File Type: txt bluetoothhommeli.txt (3.1 KB, 180 views)

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet challenges