hax, that seems like an AWFUL hassle for just a stylus. Surely, you can just use something else?

I've been searching for hours and finally found 3-packs of n810 stylii for sale here for 10 Euros. Sadly, their web order form only offers shipping to Europe. But I called just now and the guy spoke English and said that he can probably ship to the US with a phone order, but I need to call back in an hour when his colleague Andreas is around. Wish me luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to hax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Thanks hax thats great. I could not find anything when i searched and I am not allone from the looks of it. But if one place is selling it is anly a matter of time.

As for the guy who commented on the stanless steel stylus. I had a TX as well and got the steel stylas with a built in pen. Id be happy to pay a premiunm if someone machined a few hundred and sold them here.

Originally Posted by hax View Post
I've been searching for hours and finally found 3-packs of n810 stylii for sale here for 10 Euros. Sadly, their web order form only offers shipping to Europe. But I called just now and the guy spoke English and said that he can probably ship to the US with a phone order, but I need to call back in an hour when his colleague Andreas is around. Wish me luck!

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
the n800 and the n810 come with 2. My uncle bought one and was ticked when he said it didnt have a second...i said one is already in the n800....ohhh he said.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazybone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by lazybone View Post
Please try here:
http://www.boxwave.com/products/easy...ories_3045.htm
Looking at the Stylus they offer it won't fit in the N810.
Designed to be non-device specific (does not fit into built-in device stylus holders)
PLEASE use the Wiki

Sorry, I missed that function and thought you only want something that could work. My bad ;P

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Originally Posted by lazybone View Post
Sorry, I missed that function and thought you only want something that could work. My bad ;P
NP thanks for trying. Until I can get a spare to fit into the tablet I am using one of the multi function pens with a stylus.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Nokia has managed to do a lot of things, but in more than a year they haven't been able to meet the challenge of replacing customer styluses. Hey, Mac fans! When you need one can you buy a stylus from Apple? Hey Microsoft! Got styluses for your customers?

Nokia is a unique company.

I am happy to report that I just received a new replacement stylus for my n810, but it was more of a pain (and more expensive) than I would have liked. Here are the details:
  • I posted previously on this thread that I found them available at handyersatzteilshop.de. Their web site didn't let me ship to the US, so I ordered by phone. I stayed up until midnight in California, which is 9AM there, and ordered from Andreas. I ordered on April 3.
  • The cost was 8.32 Euros plus 5.99 for shipping. This is about $23 total. I don't know why the cost wasn't 9.90 as listed on the page. Maybe because I didn't have to pay GST.
  • They weren't very communicative. I never got an order confirmation email, and my email 9 days after the order asking if it had been processed/shipped was ignored. But I called them again later and they confirmed that it had shipped.
  • I received the order today (4/19), so it took 16 days total.
  • I can't read German, but the picture on the item description page shows 3 stylii. In fact, I only received one. A Google translation says "Content: 1 piece", so I guess that is the right number. Still, I wish they would change the misleading photo.
  • The stylus is original (Nokia branded) and works perfectly in my device.

So while things weren't perfect, I'm at least happy to have a working stylus now. And I'm going to be very careful not to lose this one! I contacted many US stylus retailers asking them to stock N810 stylii, but none agreed to do so. A couple mentioned that dealing with Nokia is a pain, especially if you are not a phone retailer. I do love the n810, so I hope the stylus availability picture improves. Nokia needs to make these more available in the US, and they should try to at least standardize on one stylus form factor for their future internet tablets. I wish they would use the same form factor as the Palm Pilot, as I can pick those up cheaply at numerous stores in my area.

The Following User Says Thank You to hax For This Useful Post: