Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Stock value dont follow any kind of logic. So even if you trying to understand or predict the nokia stock you are nowhere near the truth. There are far more important stuff for nokia stock than sales.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
ICS contains code that indicates multi-user functionality is coming, that suggests Android's coming to the desktop. Maybe the overwhelming majority that seem to have rejected the dull, blocky Metro UI on their smartphone wont want it on their desktop either.

It might not only be NOKIA's stock that comes under pressure. PC's are already in decline whilst smartphones and tablets are on the up.
Desktop is office and gaming along with some other specialized software. Nobody cares about the UI or OS as long as it is able to launch the right stuff. However, it seems like MS wants to tighten the grip, controlling the market of software, and by doing that they open up for Android. Android on a PC? why not, but not some half assed web cloud nonsense with Angry Birds, we don't need PCs for that.

Nokia stock. I would expect it would stay for some time at $1.5 ish, but it has climbed sooner then I expected. I think it's just people getting scared. You know, what IF Nokia "makes it" after all kind of effect. It could drop again before going up when WP8 comes into the shops. It could also be that people are finally seeing that Nokia is doing the right thing. RIM is as good as dead. Palm/HP is gone. HTC, I give HTC a year. Motorola is Google. In the end not even Samsung can compete against ZTE and Huawei.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Stock looking good today as well. Bloomberg excpects nokia profitable 2014

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Well, that's 30000 patents minus (2000+500) as far as I know, so they probably have some left.

Nice and steady.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
How far will it go?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Well, that's 30000 patents minus (2000+500) as far as I know, so they probably have some left.
True, but how many of those 30000 are really worth something? Those 500 were stated as 'essential' (2G/3G/4G) patents. Kind of troubling that they are already selling LTE and SAE patents for petty cash.

I'm not even sure Nokia themselves know. It's a lot of patents to keep a tab on.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
How far will it go?
The only possible answer to that question is always 0. The ultimate value will always end up being 0, for any stock..

I don't see any other answer to that question, unless you ad a qualifier like time, before it's first peak (which would be within minutes), before a major highest-value-of-the-year, etc.

So, as the question stands, I would have to go with '0'.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
It could also be that people are finally seeing that Nokia is doing the right thing.
Kissing good-bye to billions and billions of Euros of revenues and turning handsome profits into massive losses is 'doing the the right thing'?

Originally Posted by specc View Post
In the end not even Samsung can compete against ZTE and Huawei.
Samsung are already dominating Huawei and ZTE in the Android market.

But of course in your bizarre little fantasy world losing is winning. Samsung need to crash and burn their business - publicly rubbish all their best selling devices in order to crash their sales, find a failed unpopular OS to replace Android, if their designers should come up with a well received new product limit it's markets to make sure it doesn't sell too well, sack any members of staff that have a clue and in their place employ people who have no relevant experience, reduce their margins, release buggy, low-functioning devices that tarnish their reputation and turn handsome profits into huge losses.

Undoubtedly if they did all of the above you'd hail their great success.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha